lorenfb
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:00 am

A sensor?

Image

Saw the center display (i3 type), but wasn't able to take a picture as I passed.

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 am

Many of the pictures posted at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ngs.90139/ show extra sensors attach all over the place on the RC cars.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

lorenfb
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

jlv wrote:Many of the pictures posted at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ngs.90139/ show extra sensors attach all over the place on the RC cars.


It appears the Model 3 has entered an extensive testing program, i.e. 4 vehicles - white & red (same mfg plate as my sighting),
and black & blue, before the initial production in a few weeks.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:26 pm

lorenfb wrote:
jlv wrote:Many of the pictures posted at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ngs.90139/ show extra sensors attach all over the place on the RC cars.


It appears the Model 3 has entered an extensive testing program, i.e. 4 vehicles - white & red (same mfg plate as my sighting),
and black & blue, before the initial production in a few weeks.

I'm not sure if the emphasis is intended to be sarcasm.

In comparison, at viewtopic.php?t=17305, I quoted another source that said
The automaker racked up about 8.5 million miles on the road and in the lab on its Dart test fleet, averaging about 150,000 miles per car. That’s about twice as much driving as Chrysler put its test cars through just five years ago.

During the tests, Chrysler made sure that the horn can handle at least 75,000 honks (in China, drivers honk about 20 times per day, or 40 times more than the US), the doors can open and close 84,000 times, and the brakes can last for about 400,000 red lights and the pedal can be pressed about 1 million times.
...
For the newly designed 2013 Malibu, Chevrolet engineers used about 170 pre-production test cars, driving each one about 45,000 miles per month for 22 months. (The re-designed 2013 Malibu Eco debuted in March.) In total, they put about 1 million miles on the test cars during the pre-production phase.

Neither of the above automakers, esp. FCA is known for great reliability and long-term durability.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

lorenfb
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 pm

cwerdna wrote:
lorenfb wrote:
jlv wrote:Many of the pictures posted at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads ... ngs.90139/ show extra sensors attach all over the place on the RC cars.


It appears the Model 3 has entered an extensive testing program, i.e. 4 vehicles - white & red (same mfg plate as my sighting),
and black & blue, before the initial production in a few weeks.

I'm not sure if the emphasis is intended to be sarcasm.

In comparison, at viewtopic.php?t=17305, I quoted another source that said
The automaker racked up about 8.5 million miles on the road and in the lab on its Dart test fleet, averaging about 150,000 miles per car. That’s about twice as much driving as Chrysler put its test cars through just five years ago.

During the tests, Chrysler made sure that the horn can handle at least 75,000 honks (in China, drivers honk about 20 times per day, or 40 times more than the US), the doors can open and close 84,000 times, and the brakes can last for about 400,000 red lights and the pedal can be pressed about 1 million times.
...
For the newly designed 2013 Malibu, Chevrolet engineers used about 170 pre-production test cars, driving each one about 45,000 miles per month for 22 months. (The re-designed 2013 Malibu Eco debuted in March.) In total, they put about 1 million miles on the test cars during the pre-production phase.

Neither of the above automakers, esp. FCA is known for great reliability and long-term durability.


A good guess!

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:16 am

lorenfb wrote:i.e. 4 vehicles - white & red (same mfg plate as my sighting),
and black & blue, before the initial production in a few weeks.

I think it is far more than 4 vehicles; in the TMC thread there were 6 different colored cars seen, with multiple cars of each color. More than 1 is apparently traveling across the country (last seen in Ohio I think).
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:21 am

Good shots of the dash in 2 different RC cars: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2146005/
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

lorenfb
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:02 am

jlv wrote:
lorenfb wrote:i.e. 4 vehicles - white & red (same mfg plate as my sighting),
and black & blue, before the initial production in a few weeks.

I think it is far more than 4 vehicles; in the TMC thread there were 6 different colored cars seen, with multiple cars of each color. More than 1 is apparently traveling across the country (last seen in Ohio I think).


O.K., then 10 test vehicles. So change extensive testing to exhaustive testing by Tesla standards.

lorenfb
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 am

jlv wrote:Good shots of the dash in 2 different RC cars: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2146005/


The "dash" should be great for viewing in bright sunlight, right? And how about personal injury or dash damage when
someone falls against it or uses it to brace one's self? The Model 3 dash is totally "obnoxious"!

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Official Tesla Model 3 thread

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:17 am

lorenfb wrote:The "dash" should be great for viewing in bright sunlight, right? And how about personal injury or dash damage when
someone falls against it or uses it to brace one's self? The Model 3 dash is totally "obnoxious"!
The only good thing about the rather unorthodox dash in the Model 3 is that it will give something for the trolls to gripe about in case they start to deliver Model 3s on or close to schedule.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17)Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Model 3 reservation
(Probably no LEAF2 for me)

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”