TM-Spy available for testing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo3

Leaf Supporting Member
TM-Spy is now available for testing. Similar to LeafSpy TM-Spy displays battery information from a Tesla Model S.

However, Tesla does not make it easy as they use a special 12 pin connector for the CAN bus and the connector is hidden beneath the center display. So you will need to find/build a short 12 pin to 16 pin adapter cable. Only four wires needed (12 volts, ground, CAN 3+, CAN 3-). Search the Internet for more details on safely accessing the connector and making the cable.

If after reading this you are still interested in testing TM-Spy send me an email ([email protected]).

Will this work on my B class with a Tesla charger? Both the Toyota RAV4EV and the Mercedes B Class use a drive train purchased from Tesla.

GlennD said:
Will this work on my B class with a Tesla charger? Both the Toyota RAV4EV and the Mercedes B Class use a drive train purchased from Tesla.
This is an excellent question. It would depend if they used the same 12 pin connector for the CAN 3 bus. Someone would need to look around under the dash to see if this connector is there some where. A service manual would also probably show the connect when describing how to service the car.

Since the powertrain is Tesla's there is a very good chance they have the same CAN 3 bus. Just a matter of locating it. They might use the same 12 pin connector or it is possible it is on a standard OBDII connector which would make things much easier.

If someone has access to a pdf file of a service manual I could look through and see if it is there.

I have the DVD set that covers all Mercedes including the B Class Electric Drive. The manual is not user friendly. I would guess Mercedes people get special training on how to use it. PM me your address and I will be happy to send it to you. It came from Ebay and I am sure it is bootleg.

Tony Williams is the expert on the Toyota RAV4 EV. He also has a "B" but I do not think he has spent any time on it.

As soon as the post office opens I will mail the disks. Expect them on Wednesday Priority Mail.

Here is a screenshot of the new graphing function I will be adding to TM-Spy. It shows an 'Insane" mode run at full power for about 4 seconds of around 375 kW at 1,300 Amps. Note how the pack voltage sags around 100 volts under that load.

Ng3hc6.png

Back