Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 am

no condition is permanent

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Re: Jaguar I-PACE BESUV available 2018

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 am

One vital spec revealed...maybe.

Norway's proposed Tesla tax on overweight BEVs would also hit the I-PACE to a lesser extent.

The statement that "...the Jaguar (I-PACE) weighs just over 2 tons.." might be confirmed if you can find the actual terms of the proposed law.

Norway Considers Taxing Electric Cars Based On Vehicle Weight

Norway charges a tax on new cars that can double the list price. Heavier, more powerful cars pay more. The tax on smaller, less powerful cars is more modest. But electric cars are exempt from the tax entirely, which is one of the primary reason electric cars in Norway are so popular...

But all those subsidies cost the government a lot of money in lost revenue every year. Now conservatives are proposing to impose a one time fee (another name for a tax) to register an electric car in Norway. The fee would be based on the weight of a car, the theory being that heavy cars cause more wear and tear on the nation’s roads. Only cars that weigh more than 2 tons would be affected.

The fee could add as much as $12,000 to the price of a Tesla Model X while the Model S would pay a fee of about $5,000. Cars that are close to the 2 ton threshold would be charged about $900.

The proposal has caused an angry backlash among electric car advocates. Christina Bu, head of Norway’s Electric Vehicle Association calls the one time charge on new electric cars over two tons a “tax bomb,” according to Norway’s VG News.

“The government knows very well that many car manufacturers take this step to develop the electric cars with more space and increased range due largely to interest from customers in Norway. The new one time fee will make it more difficult to get families to buy electric cars. And it will be more difficult to reach the…..goal of selling only zero emissions cars by 2025,” she says.

John Helmersen, head of operations for Jaguar in Norway says about 1000 Norwegians have paid a $1,300 deposit to get on the waiting list for the new Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV. He claims the new fee would cost buyers about an extra $3,500...

https://gas2.org/2017/10/13/norway-tesl ... ed-weight/

edatoakrun

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:59 am

I doubt this will happen, but it is now certain that Tesla's direct competitor to the I-Pace, the hypothetical model Y, will only be available years later, if it ever is built.

No production hell at Jaguar’s I-Pace. “All peaceful,” insider says

Concerned that Elon Musk’s production hell might be contagious, and that it could be spreading to other EV manufacturers, I checked-in with a knowledgeable contact close to Jaguar’s I-Pace program. Jaguar’s I-Pace is an upcoming premium-EV that is already sold out months before its arrival sometime in 2018, and according to its father, Wolfgang Ziebart, the I-Pace is a “Tesla-beater.” Might the I-Pace also be delayed somewhere at the bottom of a stepped exponential S-curve, I asked.

“In Graz, the I-Paces are peacefully rolling off the line, together with the E-Pace,” my very well-informed contact answered.

Graz in Austria is where contract manufacturer Magna Steyr is. The I and E Paces were outsourced to Magna, because Jaguar Land Rover’s UK plants are bursting at the seams. The E-Pace is another impending Jaguar, a slightly smaller SUV than JLR’s F-Pace.

The I and E-Paces should go on sale next year, so what are they doing peacefully trundling off a manufacturing line in Austria? JLR does what every automaker does, every one except for Tesla: JLR runs a pre-production series for many months, and it does so until what is coming out at the end of the line is absolutely perfect...

The way things stand, the Jaguar I-Pace may be at dealers before Tesla’s Model 3 finally is being produced in appreciable quantities.

“You can spend the time in preparation, or you can waste it doing costly re-work,” the insider said.

https://dailykanban.com/2017/11/no-prod ... ider-says/

edatoakrun

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 pm

First reveal of the I-PACE's actual performance and range?

Zero to 60 mph in ~four seconds, with over 500 kilometer (310 mile) single-charge range:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkD2EwOI674

sparky
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011

Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:44 am

I think the I-Pace looks pretty good so far. I believe the 310 mi is an NEDC range so really the EPA range will be much lower, like 220 mi.

I was on a Jag focus group awhile ago with just Jag and Tesla owners and the I-Pace proto was featured along with some other Jag concepts on paper. My impression was the price they were aiming for was around $70k - $90k. With a 90kWh battery the thing must be pretty heavy to get only 220 mi. Still I would expect good performance from Jag. I'll be curious to see what they announce and how many they'll build the first year.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”