scottf200
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2011
Location: In my Volt VIN 01234 <actual>
Contact: Website

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 pm

June 2018
Image
Image
100K EV miles and 80% EV usage
Volt = 53+ mile BEV up to 100 MPH, then 40 MPG hybrid with a 9 gal gas tank
'17 Tesla Model X 100D 'used'| RIP '16 P90DL Sig | 2011 Volt kid2 | 2016 for wife | 2012 kid1

SageBrush
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 pm

^^
Nice !
Thanks for the work.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
3/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

User avatar
jlv
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:38 am

Yes, the first cars charged at Framingham Friday night. I was there just before it opened.

Kennebunk (Southbound) ME also opened up on Friday according to reports. It listed as the last of the June openings on supercharge.info.
'13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17) 32K miTesla S 75D (3/17) 22K mi
Model 3 reservation (invited to order 1/18)

scottf200
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2011
Location: In my Volt VIN 01234 <actual>
Contact: Website

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 pm

jlv wrote:Yes, the first cars charged at Framingham Friday night. I was there just before it opened.

Kennebunk (Southbound) ME also opened up on Friday according to reports. It listed as the last of the June openings on supercharge.info.

Yes, the snuck another one in on me June 30th. Look how they heck they started out July!!
Image
100K EV miles and 80% EV usage
Volt = 53+ mile BEV up to 100 MPH, then 40 MPG hybrid with a 9 gal gas tank
'17 Tesla Model X 100D 'used'| RIP '16 P90DL Sig | 2011 Volt kid2 | 2016 for wife | 2012 kid1

User avatar
dgpcolorado
Posts: 3049
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Dec 2011
Location: The Western Slope, Colorado

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Not sure when it was turned on but Aspen CO was reported on July 2 as being added to the Tesla website. It is using the urban-style pedestals.

Makes Independence Pass (12,095 feet, Continental Divide, closed in winter) really easy now. Need to make a mini road trip over that way — McClure Pass, Aspen Supercharger Station, Independence Pass, Poncha Springs Supercharger Station, Monarch Pass (398 miles).
Blue 2012 SV Dec 2011 to Feb 2016
CPO 2014 Tesla S60 Mar 2016
One car, no ICE, at last!
Tesla Referral Code

GRA
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:46 pm

dgpcolorado wrote:Not sure when it was turned on but Aspen CO was reported on July 2 as being added to the Tesla website. It is using the urban-style pedestals.

Makes Independence Pass (12,095 feet, Continental Divide, closed in winter) really easy now. Need to make a mini road trip over that way — McClure Pass, Aspen Supercharger Station, Independence Pass, Poncha Springs Supercharger Station, Monarch Pass (398 miles).

Glad to see that one's official now. When I checked it on the 2nd or 3rd it wasn't. Definitely closes a hole. Alamosa, Montrose, Steamboat Springs, Telluride and Walsenburg have all been hanging fire for quite a while (at least as far as supercharge.info knows), but are still shown as 2018 targets on Tesla's SC pages, with Idaho Springs and Conifer shown for 2019. Up in Montana, although the I-15 ones and Kalispell are all still listed for 2018, it's obvious they'll miss the summer vacation season yet again.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

scottf200
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2011
Location: In my Volt VIN 01234 <actual>
Contact: Website

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Anyone have data on location for LEAF sale or other EVs besides the two I listed below?

Aside: seems to be some visual correlation between *EV interested owners and where Tesla SCs end up being. Make sense as you would expect Tesla SCs to be where larger populations of Teslas are and travel thru (and other *EV owners).
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______
USA Tesla Superchargers using the number of stalls (ie. weighted) at each Supercharger as part of the heatmap. -- (note Canada is not included in my heatmap) --

I created this using data from supercharger.info and google tools.
Image
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______

Bolts -- Voltstats.net heatmap (yes, I realize it is a small subset of Bolts)
Image
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______

BMW i3 *EVs -- via Inside EVs article at this link:
https://insideevs.com/georgia-electric- ... celerates/
Image
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ______
100K EV miles and 80% EV usage
Volt = 53+ mile BEV up to 100 MPH, then 40 MPG hybrid with a 9 gal gas tank
'17 Tesla Model X 100D 'used'| RIP '16 P90DL Sig | 2011 Volt kid2 | 2016 for wife | 2012 kid1

GRA
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Per a poster on TMC the Leavenworth, WA SC near the junction of U.S. 2 and 97 is now working, although it remains unofficial - in fact, Tesla doesn't even show an SC by that name or on any town nearby on their SC list. This is the first U.S. SC which expands coverage (rather than being infill) since Estes Park, IIRR. About the only new U.S. SC of the 22 known to be under construction that could even be argued is an expansion is York, PA at the junction of I-83 and U.S. 30, and that's stretching a point.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

User avatar
dgpcolorado
Posts: 3049
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 pm
Delivery Date: 15 Dec 2011
Location: The Western Slope, Colorado

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:29 pm

GRA wrote:Per a poster on TMC the Leavenworth, WA SC near the junction of U.S. 2 and 97 is now working, although it remains unofficial - in fact, Tesla doesn't even show an SC by that name or on any town nearby on their SC list. This is the first U.S. SC which expands coverage (rather than being infill) since Estes Park, IIRR. About the only new U.S. SC of the 22 known to be under construction that could even be argued is an expansion is York, PA at the junction of I-83 and U.S. 30, and that's stretching a point.
Aspen CO was expansion, as opposed to infill. There are lots of "in permitting" locations that are expansion.

However, infill is useful too, especially in very crowded places such as California and the East Coast.
Blue 2012 SV Dec 2011 to Feb 2016
CPO 2014 Tesla S60 Mar 2016
One car, no ICE, at last!
Tesla Referral Code

GRA
Posts: 8860
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Tesla Supercharger Network

Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:08 pm

dgpcolorado wrote:
GRA wrote:Per a poster on TMC the Leavenworth, WA SC near the junction of U.S. 2 and 97 is now working, although it remains unofficial - in fact, Tesla doesn't even show an SC by that name or on any town nearby on their SC list. This is the first U.S. SC which expands coverage (rather than being infill) since Estes Park, IIRR. About the only new U.S. SC of the 22 known to be under construction that could even be argued is an expansion is York, PA at the junction of I-83 and U.S. 30, and that's stretching a point.
Aspen CO was expansion, as opposed to infill. There are lots of "in permitting" locations that are expansion.

However, infill is useful too, especially in very crowded places such as California and the East Coast.

Right, forgot about Aspen. As for "in permitting", yes there are expansion sites there, but as I've pointed out before"in permitting" can mean next to nothing. By my count there are currently 16 U.S. SCs that have been "in permitting" for 6 months or more on supercharge.info, with three over a year: Statesville, NC (which should be removed judging by the TMC commentary) @ 641 days; Ft. Stockton, TX (a critical site for I-10) @ 605 days; and Emporia Kansas (infill for density) @ 416 days. Infill is necessary in some areas to shorten legs, but mainly seems to be aimed at boosting capacity for Model 3s in major urban corridors at the moment. Expansion of coverage has virtually stopped.
Last edited by GRA on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”