FORCED to buy SL to have fast charger?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggity33

It is NOT RIGHT to force customers to purchase $1,300 of options COMPLETELY UNRELATED to fast charging, in order to get the charger installed. Nissan is only offering fast charging capability to customers who purchase the SL trim ($1,300 extra for rear view camera, solar spoiler, fog lights, and a couple other cute extras).
I'm guessing many if not most customers want the ability and/or the peace of mind that comes with the ability to charge to 80% or so in 20-30 minutes. Nissan is offering this charger only to customers who fork over $1,300 for high profit-margin items like fog lights and rear view cameras. It might make Nissan some money in the short term, but is it worth the damage to your reputation? With the LEAF, Nissan is reaching a new audience of customers (I, nor anyone in my family, have ever owned a Nissan), and this represents a significant opportunity to build brand value.
I am really pissed off and I'm sure I'm not alone. No one likes being bullied, and this is a LOT of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back