motorwiz
Delivery Date: 19 Jul 2012
Leaf Number: 0

Re: Shocked at pool pump motor replacemnet

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:39 am

Nubo wrote:
motorwiz wrote:no NO have your old pump repaired. you can repair your pump you don't need to replace it. I repair most motors for $150.00 that includes a free shaft seal. repairing pumps is the green thing to do ! you should see all of these new variable speed motors that are stacking up in the return pile at one of my suppliers.. what a joke. the KEY is to have the right size pump for your pool and to know that it is working efficiently.
That's were I come into play. so if you need help with your pump and your local Orlando I can help you get back up and running try searching yahoo for your local pool pump motor repair guy look for the pictures on how to ID and remove your pump to bring it in for service
Or search your area for your local pool pump repair shop OR electric motor repair. these are the guys that know whats going on with pumps !!!
REMEMBER a clean pool is a safer pool .. and look for the pool pump repair puppy he's the sign of a bark'n good deal,
Jay

Oh and my car RED 1995 convertible corvette 17 in town and 25-26 hwy made in the good old USA and blast to drive on the beach.
I LOVE MY FAST GAS GUZZLING AMERICAN CAR and wouldn't trade it for nuth'n

Wow, man! You've been lurking for 5 1/2 years???

Welcome! 8-)

25 but it seems longer. working or replacing motors that clueless people buy on line that have aluminum windings.
need help ? just look for your local pool pump repair guy in longwood florida
Jay

motorwiz
Delivery Date: 19 Jul 2012
Leaf Number: 0

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 am

pool company lied to you. efficient motors are mandated on new total pool installs. existing pools can be repaired or replaced. consult with your local pool pump motor repair guy or electric motor repair shop for advice. asking the pool store is like asking a car dealer for advice. not all pool stores are the same BUT

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:29 am

motorwiz wrote:
Nubo wrote:Wow, man! You've been lurking for 5 1/2 years???

Welcome! 8-)

25 but it seems longer. working or replacing motors that clueless people buy on line that have aluminum windings.
need help ? just look for your local pool pump repair guy in longwood florida
Jay

I meant "lurking" in the internet forum sense, since it looks like you joined in 2012 but that was your first post. :)

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a motor with Al windings. Must be a hot mess, literally.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

You don't seem interested in getting rid of the pool, but we did after our kids were grown and out of the house. It was the best decision we ever made. I spent many weekends repairing the automatic pool cover or pool sweep. My wife had to fish leaves off the cover with a long scoop during winter and balance the chemicals weekly all year long. We probably put in 10 hrs/wk on that thing and never used it. It didn't have a heater so just wasn't comfortable enough except for a three months a year. The kids played in it and had friends over, so it was worth it when they were young, but later, no. When we had it taken out our electric bill dropped $50/mo and we saved big on chemicals, too, in addition to the time and hassle factor. We have health club memberships and could swim laps there if we wanted to.

Return to “Off-Topic”