RIP Google Power Meter/Microsoft Hohm

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

I used it with my TED and liked it. Too bad it is being dropped.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/update-on-google-health-and-google.html

I looked at it but wasn't overly impressed... And I liked having my TED full-time on my iGoogle home page, something that EnerSave can not yet do... Hopefully it will get better as time passes.

greenleaf said:
I signed up with MyEnerSave.com

I'm using Power Meter with my TED. I liked it when it worked properly. But too often, it displayed my solar PV generation numbers many hours after the fact, and recently, it started logging those values partially onto the wrong dates. It was nice to be able to see the data online while I was traveling, but to be honest, it won't be a great loss for me. However, I imagine that the TED company isn't pleased to lose this selling point for their products.

mogur said:
I looked at it but wasn't overly impressed... And I liked having my TED full-time on my iGoogle home page, something that EnerSave can not yet do... Hopefully it will get better as time passes.

greenleaf said:

If you are looking for igoogle plugin pachube has a google gadget but the services are very limited for the free accounts. They have a pro account that is in the $2/month range that looks promising.

Google is taking some FTC heat as well and 'do no evil' seems to fallen from the tree.

I am sad to see it go also but I understand that it didn't get the following that Google felt it needed to keep it alive.

Nekota said:
mogur said:

greenleaf said:

If you are looking for igoogle plugin pachube has a google gadget but the services are very limited for the free accounts. They have a pro account that is in the $2/month range that looks promising.

Google is taking some FTC heat as well and 'do no evil' seems to fallen from the tree.
greenleaf said:
Looks like myenersave does not understand negative values (PV generation).

Representative from MyEnerSave:
Its a new service - but we are glad to get all the feedback from users.
We would look into supporting both solar PV generation and iGoogle.

Thanks
EnerSave Team.

mgoleta said:
I am sad to see it go also but I understand that it didn't get the following that Google felt it needed to keep it alive.
I can see why. My data was updated at 5:00pm the next day. That wasn't Google Power Meters fault, it was the fault of SDG&E but none the less the app had little value with information that stale.

It worked great with TED. I got nearly instantaneous updates... Ah well...

ENIAC said:
mgoleta said:
I can see why. My data was updated at 5:00pm the next day. That wasn't Google Power Meters fault, it was the fault of SDG&E but none the less the app had little value with information that stale.

ENIAC said:
mgoleta said:
I used a TED. Updates were essentially instantenous (10 minute intervals). I made a great datalogger. Downloading the usage data has been very useful for analyzing our power usage.

myEnerSave said:
..snip quotes -- only 3 nesting or something..

Representative from MyEnerSave:
Its a new service - but we are glad to get all the feedback from users.
We would look into supporting both solar PV generation and iGoogle.

Thanks
EnerSave Team.

Thanks for the participation and I had previously registered an account with MyEnerSave and I'm looking forward to getting a data stream setup that you can support. Welcome to MNL too!

I also signed up with

http://myeragy.com

This one supports multiple MTUs from TED5000 and understands negative values from my PV solar array. The resolution is 1 minute, which is better than Google Powermeter's 10-minute interval.

Edit: URL.

greenleaf said:
I also signed up with

http://www.myeragy.com

This one supports multiple MTUs from TED5000 and understands negative values from my PV solar array. The resolution is 1 minute, which is better than Google Powermeter's 10-minute interval.

Link doesn't work. Is the spelling correct?

Boomer23 said:
greenleaf said:
I also signed up with

http://www.myeragy.com

Link doesn't work. Is the spelling correct?
Seems like it doesn't like "www". I have edited the link in the post.

greenleaf said:
Seems like it doesn't like "www". I have edited the link in the post.
Weird. Yes, that link worked, but the way to the main site from there is clicking on a link that takes you to "www.eragy.com" which NOW works for me. They've got some site issues.

Microsoft's Hohm will follow Google's PowerMeter in to oblivion...

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/07/microsoft-follows-googles-lead-cancels-hohm-energy-service.ars

Back