Anyone pre-approved for financing yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Some of us are only ~6 weeks away from taking delivery. Have any of you gotten pre-approval for financing from your CU or bank yet? I'm still having a bit of a hard time with people even knowing what a LEAF is, despite Nissan's advertising blitz of late.

I've been approved by my CU with a 3.25% "solar" or "green" loan. It meant having my paycheck directly deposited back into the CU so the payment will automatically be deducted each month. I was fed up with my regular bank, Compass, so I don't mind moving back to my CU. They called my PD about the purchase. If Nissan comes up with something better, I can get out of the loan.

malloryk said:
yeah I'm gonna wait a little longer too. Just in case my delivery gets pushed back, I don't want to get preapproved too early.
I have been concerned about this too, since I will most likely not get delivery until late January, by my best guess. My CU is running a 1.99% promotional rate this month, and they aren't sure if they will extend it into the future. We made an appointment anyway for the last week of this month just in case they don't extend the offer. The loan commitment is only for 60 days, normally, but they have said that it is not unusual to ask for another 30 day extension of the commitment to shop longer for your car. It is possible that still won't be enough time for us to actually receive the car, but worth taking a chance on a great rate. My fallback is paying cash or using my current home equity credit line, which is at 3-3/4% and bound to go up, as it is adjustable and rates are on the floor right now. There is always a possibility we will lease, depending on the final battery warranty/cost details and the final lease costs TBD in Dec. This is the only kind of car I would ever consider leasing, since there is no tax advantage for me. The unknown factors regarding such a "new tech" vehicle and possible advances in the technology in the next 3 years make paying for the "insurance" of a lease more attractive. Whether that insurance is worth $2-3K is something I will have to decide when all the facts are on the table.

TT

Back