Option to edit-change color

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkettner

I see Nissan has added more detail to the configuration with accessories etc.

Nissan has also added a link to edit the car color. With so many changing their mind this looks like the easy answer.
I am however staying with red. Anyone try the option?
My delivery is still pending so I assume my car has not run down the line yet.

Yes, once scheduled for production the option to change color goes away.

Oh, and if you can change color...probably best not to choose silver:

If you want … your customers to get car a sooner [rather] than later, don’t order silver,” Ishak recalled the Leaf’s operations manager advising Nissan dealers. Evidently there’s a big backlog on that color.

http://www.allcarselectric.com/blog/1051578_nissan-to-deliver-only-5-leafs-in-2011-more-delays-imminent

Funny, since I've been trying to change mine from silver to red since October 1st! It's in "production" now (at least that is what I've been hearing for about 2-3 weeks), so no option on my dash to change anything.

Ready2plugin said:
Funny, since I've been trying to change mine from silver to red since October 1st! It's in "production" now (at least that is what I've been hearing for about 2-3 weeks), so no option on my dash to change anything.

If that is true and there are dec deliveries you could be one of them. If you can't change anything the car is in the build cue.

I changed my color from blue to red. The procedure I used was to first call the dealer. Then I emailed the "nissanusa.com" chat. About 9 days later, I received a phone call from Nissan to open up my dashboard since they enabled an "edit button" on my page.

Ready2plugin said:

When did you order?

EVDRIVER said:
Ready2plugin said:

When did you order?
I had a 8/31 order date, around 11am pacific time. My dashboard is stating my car is coming in January. I first started with my dealer on October 1, he tried for about 2 weeks, then I started going though the 800 number and the Nissan "chat", and they have stated that they have been waiting on "Nissan" to decide to make the change or not. They haven't flat out told me "no" so far, but that it's "difficult" since my car is in "production". I even told them I would take a slightly later delivery date (not too long since I don't want to risk my CA rebate).

We did silver but for some reason I have been sorta wishing we had gone with blue. Oh well :roll: I think the silver LEAF needs a good window tint to make it "pop" a bit more.

TRONZ said:
We did silver but for some reason I have been sorta wishing we had gone with blue. Oh well :roll: I think the silver LEAF needs a good window tint to make it "pop" a bit more.

Yes, I still think silver is a nice color, but my current car is almost the same, so I was ready for a change once I saw the actual red. Just hard to make the choice when the only thing we had to go on August 31st, was the description on the web page. I'll be doing a light tint as well on my silver LEAF!

Someone from Nissan just called my house - now getting a RED LEAF!! YAHOO!!! :p Same January delivery date :D :D !

Would someone please take a screenshot of the color edit option? I'm not finding it on my dashboard even though my delivery date is still listed as "Pending". Maybe this means that my car is already slated for production?

malloryk said:
congratulations!!! I know you've been trying for this for a long time. Welcome to the Red Club! :)

Thank you, for awhile there I thought I would never make it!!

Just below "pending" click on "view your config"

Next to the color listed on mine is a little word "edit"

When edit is clicked a box opens with the listed colors and buttons to cancel or confirm

I will let one of the techies figure out a screen shot ;)

smkettner said:
Just below "pending" click on "view your config"

Next to the color listed on mine is a little word "edit"

When edit is clicked a box opens with the listed colors and buttons to cancel or confirm

I will let one of the techies figure out a screen shot ;)

Thanks! That is where I figured that it must be, so it seems that I don't have an edit option. I'm hoping that this is a good thing. ;)

I have been out for a while and I have a message on my machine that my color change request also went through. I did not have the option to change color at all on my dashboard. My dashboard still shows "pending". Order date was Sep 1. I am surprised they were able to accomodate. I just hope I did shoot myself on the foot and delay my car even though Nissan claims it should not affect delivery date.

Eitherways I think I would rather have a car with the color I want than one I always wished I had got. Now if this decision would cause me to lose the CA $5K rebate then I would be upset.

Back