Q for Dealers.. Paper Paper and more Paper..

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremeflyer

When I take my pathfinder in for service, they print out 2 yellow pages (11x14) for my estimate (even for just an oil change), then when i check out, they print out 2 yellow pages, 2 green pages, 2 white pages, plus the inspection report. And of course, 2 credit card receipts. 10+ pieces of paper and 4 signatures later, just to pay for a 24.95 oil change.

Although we won't be taking in our Leaf that often, is there anything that Nissan is doing to try and cut down on this paper work in ther service department? Why is it I can get an autoloan online and never see a piece of paper, but I can't get an oil change by just signing an electronic pad and maybe one retail store sized receipt. Just seems like a big waste and against Nissan's "Green" initiative.

i get a single inspection sheet of paper, plus a half sheet that includes my CC charge. that is it. i dont get an estimate. i simply pull up to the service bay, walk in, advise oil change only then go and suck down as much free coffee as i can until the car is done. usually 15 minutes

mossyleaf said:
Are you in Ca?

Yea, i'm in CA. I've asked the service department about it at my dealership (Stadium Nissan) and they just shrug their shoulders and say "We've gotta keep a paper trail, sorry"

malloryk said:
mossyleaf said:
Are you in Ca?

wow, just $24.95 for an oil change at a dealership? you can't be in CA! :lol:

Actually, they just raised it from $19.95 to $24.95 about 3 months ago. They also got rid of their "Done in 45 min or it's free".. I was getting about every other one for free at one point, guess that's why they got rid of it.

xtremeflyer said:
Although we won't be taking in our Leaf that often, is there anything that Nissan is doing to try and cut down on this paper work in ther service department?

Why? That paper helps sequester carbon dioxide from our atmosphere.

If they didn't use the paper, then less paper would get made. If less paper was made, then fewer pulp trees would be grown on the tree farms. Less trees, more CO2 in the air.

You take the six sheets from Nissan, toss them out, and they get buried in a landfill: Win! Now the CO2 is locked up for centuries.

Ask for duplicate copies for your files.
"Thank you sir, may I have another."

wow maybe it's because I live in Santa Monica? I stopped bringing my Toyota in to the dealership for oil changes because I swear they were like $70! I'm looking forward to never getting another oil change again!

GroundLoop said:
Why? That paper helps sequester carbon dioxide from our atmosphere.

If they didn't use the paper, then less paper would get made. If less paper was made, then fewer pulp trees would be grown on the tree farms. Less trees, more CO2 in the air.
Not so simple. There is emission related to processing and shpping of trees/paper/printer/ink etc.

It may be cheaper in the end for all concerned to pay someone to just grow new trees and not cut them.

Geez, I only pay $80 from the independent for my BMW 335 which uses 7.5 quarts of expensive LL grade synthetic. Since I typically only have to change it once a year, it isn't a big deal... BTW, I get once piece of paper when I come in and one when I leave, both there and for the Acura.

malloryk said:
wow maybe it's because I live in Santa Monica? I stopped bringing my Toyota in to the dealership for oil changes because I swear they were like $70! I'm looking forward to never getting another oil change again!

Back