drees

Re: SDG&E Energy Waves

Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm

ENIAC wrote:Do you have the GE digital (non-smart) meter? If so, have they read it at least once? They connect to the meter and fetch all the data. This is then loaded for billing. At that point the Energy Waves application can display it.

I think it's an itron smart meter... I'll check later...
Last edited by drees on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

GroundLoop

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:26 pm

It's the other way around.. the iTron OpenWay meters are networked. ("Smart" in weird utility parlance.)

The GE kV2 meters are actually smarter, but not networked. They have to send a meter reader to your house to read the GE, over the optical interface.

GE = TOU
iTron = everyone else, even Net Metered folks not on TOU now.

gascant
Delivery Date: 13 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2209

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

ENIAC wrote:With your smart meter, you can use the Google PowerMeter application and get daily updates in 10 minute intervals. But once you get your LEAF, and go with the EV ToU tariff, SDG&E replaces your smart meter with a non-smart GE meter. They also use that same style of meter on your EV circuit. So the main meter sees all the usage and they subtract the usage from the EV meter to determine your bill. Energy Waves is the only way to get your detailed data from those GE meters.

Do you have a document from SDG&E that describes how to accomplish the meter subtraction installation, i.e., a set of installation standards for meters used with EVSE? Neither PG&E or SCE have this option and I'm trying to convince PG&E that they should allow it. It would save us a bunch of money relative to having a 2nd service main (or branch main) installed.
2011 LEAF SL brilliant silver + QC
DRL's, Seat Heaters, Horn, LEDs and EVSE upgrades
Over 24,300 miles gas-free
http://sfbayleafs.org

ENIAC
Delivery Date: 13 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 224

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 am

gascant wrote:
ENIAC wrote:With your smart meter, you can use the Google PowerMeter application and get daily updates in 10 minute intervals. But once you get your LEAF, and go with the EV ToU tariff, SDG&E replaces your smart meter with a non-smart GE meter. They also use that same style of meter on your EV circuit. So the main meter sees all the usage and they subtract the usage from the EV meter to determine your bill. Energy Waves is the only way to get your detailed data from those GE meters.

Do you have a document from SDG&E that describes how to accomplish the meter subtraction installation, i.e., a set of installation standards for meters used with EVSE? Neither PG&E or SCE have this option and I'm trying to convince PG&E that they should allow it. It would save us a bunch of money relative to having a 2nd service main (or branch main) installed.
Send an email to ETProgram@sdge.com.
Myths And Facts About Electric Cars

"The ice doesn't care"
-- WetEV

wsbca
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Google PowerMeter being defunct, and not having a TED, I was excited to get an email today from SDG&E announcing availability of our net metering smart meter interval data online...this is now part of the regular electric meter account, not the old energy waves site. Here's a sample at 15-minute resolution showing overnight, daytime solar excess generation, evening cooking/TV, and Leaf charge:

I was promised a jet pack!

drees

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm

wsbca wrote:I was excited to get an email today from SDG&E announcing availability of our net metering smart meter interval data online...this is now part of the regular electric meter account, not the old energy waves site.

Nice! I haven't gotten the email and checked my account - couldn't find anything like that.

Do you have a separate EV meter, too?
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

wsbca
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2011

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm

drees wrote:
wsbca wrote:I was excited to get an email today from SDG&E announcing availability of our net metering smart meter interval data online...this is now part of the regular electric meter account, not the old energy waves site.

Nice! I haven't gotten the email and checked my account - couldn't find anything like that.

Do you have a separate EV meter, too?

No, we stuck with the single meter and schedule DR for the project, which may have something to do with why this feature is available for us - we have the "regular" new net metering smart meter that was put in last January. When I log in to My Account, the tab this is under is "My Energy", which presents a link called Energy Charts. It seems a little buggy (sometimes goes to an error page.)

We got our original smart meter in mid-2010 along with everyone else, which was then swapped back out for an analog meter just a few weeks later when our solar system went live, then we got a net-metering capable smart meter in January, after having declined the second meter for the EV project. And, at that time, that new net metering smart meter couldn't participate in google powermeter or my energy but they said eventually there would be data available from it, and here we are.
I was promised a jet pack!

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I also have SDG&E's standard net metering with PV (one meter).

Where do you look to find this graph of your 15-minute net-usage intervals?
Thanks.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2010 Prius, 2014 silver Tesla S
Nissan EVSE, mod to 240/120v 16A
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

garygid
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Just got the SDG&E email.

Go to www.ssge.com web site, choose "My Account",

Only 3 days of data so far, including yesterday, but not today.
Last edited by garygid on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2010 Prius, 2014 silver Tesla S
Nissan EVSE, mod to 240/120v 16A
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

TonyWilliams

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Mine says "no data available".

Return to “Utilities”