New Nissan LEAF Online Research Panel Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
Just had to run through a new survey...lots about newsletters, LEAF gatherings. Oh, and asking me if I was interested in becoming a Nissan LEAF "brand ambassador"! :D

Yup - "How satisfied are you with the e-newletter?" I have no idea - I've never received one!

"How often do you visit mynissanleaf.com?" - geez, they don't have a tick box for "every 5 minutes" :lol:

"How useful is the iPhone app?" - well, if you don't have an iPhone, it isn't very useful

Here is a text dump from the survey (1/24/2011):
At which stage are you in the Nissan LEAF purchase process?
• Have taken delivery of my Nissan LEAF
• Ordered- Will receive in the next 3 months
• Ordered- Expected delivery 3-12 months
• Placed Reservation- Waiting to order
• Placed Reservation- Uncertain if I will order
• Interested in Nissan LEAF but uncertain if I will order
• Do not intend to purchase
The process by which to purchase a Nissan LEAF is different from any other vehicle's ordering process because electric vehicles require a charging station to be installed in your home and each Nissan LEAF is only built after a customer places an order. This process offers the advantage of every vehicle being built exactly to your specifications; however, the process does involve additional steps and a longer time line than purchasing a traditional new vehicle from a dealer's lot. Nissan has been working hard to simplify the ordering process and clearly communicate the steps involved in the easy to understand format shown below.

Step 1: Make Reservation (http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/reservation/index)
Step 2: Receive Home Charging Station Assessment
Step 3: Order Your Nissan LEAF
Step 4: Install Home Charging Dock
Step 5: Purchase and Receive Delivery

Prior to making your Nissan LEAF reservation, how aware were you of the reservation process? (1= Not at all aware; 7=Very Aware)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Prior to ordering your Nissan LEAF, how aware were you of the ordering process? (1= Not at all aware; 7=Very Aware)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

How satisfied are you with the Nissan LEAF e-newsletter you receive?

Frequency: Very Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Somewhat Dissatisfied Neutral Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

Content: Very Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Somewhat Dissatisfied Neutral Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

Appearance: Very Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Somewhat Dissatisfied Neutral Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

Uniqueness: Very Dissatisfied Dissatisfied Somewhat Dissatisfied Neutral Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

If Nissan were to produce an e-newsletter with a wide range of content specifically designed for Nissan LEAF Owners, how often would you wish to receive the E-Newsletters?
• Never
• Once a Year
• Once a Month
• Quarterly
What would you be interested in reading in the Owner e-newsletters?
Rank the choices in order of interest (1 being the most interesting to you) by dragging the options into the correct order.

• 1 Information from dealerships
• 2 Personalized information about your driving habits
• 3 Other "green" products (automotive and non-automotive)
• 4 Hyper mileage competition
• 5 "Green" news
• 6 Nissan LEAF testimonials by other owners
• 7 News on upcoming Nissan Electric Vehicles
• 8 Nissan LEAF owners gatherings in your area
• 9 Tech updates and newly added features
• 10 New charging stations in your area
• 11 Other "green" companies

What other types of information would you be interested in receiving in an Owner's e-newsletter? If none, please leave blank.

What content from the current LEAF News e-Newsletter would like like to continue to receive as a Nissan LEAF owner? (Check all that apply)
• I would like to continue to receive the entire LEAF News e-Newsletter
• FAQs
• Nissan LEAF Video Links
• Becoming a Panelist or joining the tour info
• Benefits of going electric
• Facebook and Twitter Article Links
How often do you visit a Nissan Leaf blog, forum, or social media site such as the Nissan LEAF journey page (http://www.mynissanleaf.com), EVWorld.com, Nissan LEAF Facebook Page, or Youtube to gather information regarding the Nissan LEAF?
• Never
• Once a Month
• 2-3 Times a Month
• Once a Week
• 2-3 Times a Week
• 4-6 Times a Week
• Daily

Were you aware that Nissan provides an Owner Portal so you can check your battery status, set your climate control - and even manage your notifications and download mobile apps?
• Yes
• No
Do you intend to use the Owner Portal to manage your car?
• Yes
• No
Would you like to receive driving habit tips that highlight ways to improve performance, reduce emissions, optimize battery life, and save money?
• Yes
• No
Would you like the driving habit tips to be general, region specific, or customer specific (tailored to you only)?
• General Driving Habit Tips (tips on how to drive most efficiently and effectively, this information will be the same for all recipients)
• Region Specific Driving Habit Tips (general tips about how to improve performance and battery life given your environment and the conditions of your region.)
• Customer Specific Driving Habit Tips (Nissan LEAF is equipped to analyze your individual driving habits and supply tips specific to you on how to improve performance and optimize battery life.)

Would you like to receive these tips through the E-Newsletter, the Owner Portal, or both?
• E-Newsletter
• Owner Portal
• Both
If there were quarterly Nissan LEAF owner gatherings in your area how likely would you be to participate?
Very Unlikely Unlikely Somewhat Unlikely Undecided Somewhat Likely Likely Very Likely

Where do you service your current vehicle?
• At the dealership
• At national chain
• Local mechanic
• Do it yourself
• Currently do not have a vehicle
• Other (please specify)

After taking delivery of your Nissan LEAF would you be interested in receiving comprehensive battery / driving analysis twice a year from your dealership?
• Yes
• No

How likely would you be to attend a one-on-one or group engagement with your dealer to better understand how to maximize your Nissan LEAF experience?
How likely would you be to attend a one-on-one or group engagement with your dealer to better understand how to maximize your Nissan LEAF experience?

One-on-One Dealer Engagement: Very Unlikely Unlikely Somewhat Unlikely Undecided Somewhat Likely Likely Very Likely

Group Dealer Engagement: Very Unlikely Unlikely Somewhat Unlikely Undecided Somewhat Likely Likely Very Likely

As a Nissan LEAF owner, which of the following would you like your dealership to offer? (Check all that apply)
• Informational sessions
• One on One driving consultations
• Get togethers with current LEAF owners and potential buyers
• Other (please specify)

The Nissan LEAF app

The Nissan LEAF app is designed to help you manage your vehicle and control many frequently used features directly from your iPhone.

Nissan LEAF owners with an active CARWINGS subscription can control their vehicle through the app.

The app also provides a demo mode for Nissan LEAF enthusiasts to test the features.

With the LEAF iPhone app, you can:

•Check state of battery charge
•Start charging
•Check when battery charge will complete
•See estimated driving range
•Turn on or off the climate control system

Were you aware that this iPhone App was available?
• Yes
• No

Were you aware that this App can be downloaded for free on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissan-leaf/id407814405?mt=8 ?
• Yes
• No

How useful would this app be to a Nissan LEAF owner?
Very Useless Useless Somewhat Useless Neutral Somewhat Useful Useful Very Useful

What is your intended use for your Nissan LEAF?
• 2nd car, used for commuting and errands
• 2nd car, other
• Primary car, everyday driving, no long distance driving
• Primary car, everyday driving and plan to drive long distance once viable

In what geographic setting to you reside?
• Urban
• Suburban
• Rural

Would you be willing to be a brand ambassador?
Brand Ambassador-
Individuals that would be interested in helping build regional clubs, on-line clubs, and blogs. Bridge between Nissan and other owners.
• Yes
• No
Sorry for the formatting.

How often do you visit a Nissan Leaf blog, forum, or social media site such as the Nissan LEAF journey page (http://www.mynissanleaf.com), ...
So we are the Nissan LEAF Journey page ? Anyway nice to see the mention ...

LakeLeaf said:
"How often do you visit mynissanleaf.com?" - geez, they don't have a tick box for "every 5 minutes"

I was looking for the same box :!:

Personally, I was disappointed that this survey didn't give me a sounding board for my disappointment with the order process. Yes, I was very aware of the process before ordering. Yes, I understood that this was a different kind of vehicle which required multiple steps - including a longer delivery window. That said, when Nissan dealers, customer service and email communications set the expectation that the cars would arrive in 3-4 months and it doesn't, that is a problem of Nissan failing to manage customer expectations. I want a "How satisfied are you with the level of communication that you have received about the delivery of your LEAF?" question - and space to answer! :lol:

BTW - @Mwalsh - Aren't you already a brand ambassador? ;)

Just finished the survey, however, it's going to my old email address, which is going to be discontinued shortly. My new email address is on my dashboard, so it appears that the marketing research firm has another database somewhere that is not integrated. :(

I just received and answered mine a few minutes ago... I wonder if they are going out to all those who have ordered...

mwalsh said:
Just had to run through a new survey...lots about newsletters, LEAF gatherings. Oh, and asking me if I was interested in becoming a Nissan LEAF "brand ambassador"! :D

I got to that part and wanted to scream.
"WHAT? YOU tell me? Is 'Pending' 3 months or 12 months? I have no Farkin idea because you won't tell me!"

They mocks us now. Tricksy Nissan.. with their needling surveys and their tauntings..

"Gee GroundLoop, when do you think you'll get your car? Ha! Will it be... in the next 3 months? Will it take a year? Tell us when you think we you will get a car from us. Bahaahahaa.. go ahead, guess.. Stop. Enough laughing! We're making you guess. now! Pick one! Or you get the fan belt!"

mogur said:
I just received and answered mine a few minutes ago... I wonder if they are going out to all those who have ordered...

mwalsh said:

Got one, too. Probably to those of us who signed up awhile ago agreeing to do these surveys.

GroundLoop said:
I got to that part and wanted to scream.
"WHAT? YOU tell me? Is 'Pending' 3 months or 12 months? I have no Farkin idea because you won't tell me!"

They mocks us now. Tricksy Nissan.. with their needling surveys and their tauntings..

"Gee GroundLoop, when do you think you'll get your car? Ha! Will it be... in the next 3 months? Will it take a year? Tell us when you think we you will get a car from us. Bahaahahaa.. go ahead, guess.. Stop. Enough laughing! We're making you guess. now! Pick one! Or you get the fan belt!"

:lol: Well said. At least I got to choose "Reserved, waiting to order." Hope they come here and read this thread.

LakeLeaf said:
Yup - "How satisfied are you with the e-newletter?" I have no idea - I've never received one!

"How often do you visit mynissanleaf.com?" - geez, they don't have a tick box for "every 5 minutes" :lol:

"How useful is the iPhone app?" - well, if you don't have an iPhone, it isn't very useful
My reaction exactly on #1 and #3. I do try to hold #2 down to twice a day, but they didn't have a box for that, either.

And then there is that "when will you get your LEAF" question. Is April more than 3 months or less? Will they really hold it there, or change it again?

Jimmydreams said:
DarkStar said:
Just got done rocking the survey too... Seems like they're very interested in promoting "owners groups!"

I just gave them Gary's name. :lol:

Yes! After I saw mynissanleaf.com in a question, I kept expected to see Gary's handle "mentioned"!

lonndoggie said:
So has anyone been getting this mythical Leaf newsletter?

Maybe its publishing schedule is sometime within the next 4-7 months...

I've received 3 total. Oct 28, Nov 15 and Dec 16. I just finished my survey as well. Who knows when I can order.

Back