dvu
Delivery Date: 26 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 414294

Does this mean no more HOV stickers for CA of older Leaf owners?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 am

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... s-work-now

Was wondering if anyone can confirm this. If so we need to make plans to buy a new vehicle. :(

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Does this mean no more HOV stickers for CA of older Leaf owners?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Besides buying or leasing a new qualifying EV/PHEV, you could always get a qualifying vehicle that has never received a CA HOV sticker. Either buy a used one in that boat or swap w/someone out of state.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/fact-s ... air-decals

If I buy a used eligible battery-electric, plug-in hybrid or fuel cell car, can I apply for a Clean Air Decal? When would that decal expire?
Used cars are eligible for a Clean Air Decal providing they have never previously had one. The expiration date of the decal is based on the application date for the decal, which is three full years plus the partial year.

I have white stickers on my used '13 Leaf that were issued ages ago. I will not be able to apply/re-apply for new stickers on my current car.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

dvu

Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 pm

cwerdna wrote:Besides buying or leasing a new qualifying EV/PHEV, you could always get a qualifying vehicle that has never received a CA HOV sticker. Either buy a used one in that boat or swap w/someone out of state.

If I buy a used eligible battery-electric, plug-in hybrid or fuel cell car, can I apply for a Clean Air Decal? When would that decal expire?
Used cars are eligible for a Clean Air Decal providing they have never previously had one. The expiration date of the decal is based on the application date for the decal, which is three full years plus the partial year.

I have white stickers on my used '13 Leaf that were issued ages ago. I will not be able to apply/re-apply for new stickers on my current car.

That's actually a great idea on getting an out of state Leaf. Chance are it's never had a CA HOV sticker. :idea:

BTW: Is there a way to tell if the vehicle been registered before buying?

2k1Toaster
Delivery Date: 12 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 420903

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 pm

dvu wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Besides buying or leasing a new qualifying EV/PHEV, you could always get a qualifying vehicle that has never received a CA HOV sticker. Either buy a used one in that boat or swap w/someone out of state.

That's actually a great idea on getting an out of state Leaf. Chance are it's never had a CA HOV sticker. :idea:

BTW: Is there a way to tell if the vehicle been registered before buying?

It shows up in the VIN records, like CarFax.
2013 Nissan Leaf SV with every option
2013 Prius C Package 4
2012 Lexus RX450h
2006 Prius Gen II, pIV
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
2001 Honda Civic EX
1997 Honda Prelude SH
1981 DeLorean DMC12
and more...

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 am

^^^
Yep. Carfax and Autocheck would have it.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

dvu

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

Thanks again...

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”