carwings use

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should already be "active" ... if you activated it after delivery with username and password in the car. And there are some settings you'd want to turn on in the car (notifications and at least one location stored for "charging stopped" notifications). I assume you have also logged in at http://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login ...

Can you use the iPhone Carwings app , if you have enabled Carwings, but not actually received the car?

I have the Leaf app, and I gave it the Carwings name and password, and then it crashes.

AmarilloLeaf said:
I have the Leaf app, and I gave it the Carwings name and password, and then it crashes.

The LEAF app takes your Owner's Portal login and password, not your Carwings ID and password. But, that said, I'm not sure you can the app anyway until you enter the Carwings ID and password in your car on delivery.

LEAFer said:
It should already be "active" ... if you activated it after delivery with username and password in the car. And there are some settings you'd want to turn on in the car (notifications and at least one location stored for "charging stopped" notifications). I assume you have also logged in at http://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login ...

I have indeed "activated" the account from the car at the dealership - done last Friday. But when I log in to http://www.nissanusa.com/owners I can look at my car's status (which works and can be manually refreshed on my computer screen). But if I use the link at the bottom of that status page to open Carwings at the computer (no iphone, alas, I'm an android user) there is no data. I have poked around there and tried to re-login to carwings, only to have Japanese only choices!

Sadly, my dealer is newer to this car than me, so he is no help. Can anyone suggest a dealer I might call and talk to who knows their way around Carwings software?

Thanks,
Linda
(4 days, 240 miles )

first step is to log in from the car. after that, it takes about 2 days before you start seeing any stats. now, in my case i could not log into the car, but i could open carwings on home computer and see everyone elses stats.

Linda,
Have you navigated through the menus in the car to enable data sharing? I don't have them in front of me at the moment, but the car's default is not to share data (at least for me when I received mine). Try browsing around through the menus on the NAV system and see if data sharing is enabled...

LindaK said:
LEAFer said:
... But if I use the link at the bottom of that status page to open Carwings at the computer (no iphone, alas, I'm an android user) there is no data.
What Randy said ... you checked all the settings in the car ? And you push the touchscreen "ok" each time you start the car ?

Look at page 159 (of 251) of the PDF version of the Navi Manual (page 5-15 on the paper copy) for settings. This is where you need to set "Set the timing of automatic connection to the NISSAN CARWINGS Data Center." Options are Never, PowerOn, Every xx mins. I would suggest "PowerOn".

There's also some sort of agreement on the Owner's Login you need to acknowledge. You probably did this when you first got your CarWings notification. Is it possible you rushed thru it and inadvertently declined the Agreement ? It's in the "MANAGE ACCOUNT" tab, "EDIT/ADD VEHICLE" Section. Click on your car's nick name, then on the right "CARWINGS™ Agreement ACCEPTED 12/23/2010" (that's when mine became active).

I just checked mine and data from Monday is partially in there (last trip is still missing). But yours might take a couple of extra days for the first data to be populated. I know that our first trip (pick up from dealer) nerver showed up.

Thanks for all the useful commentary guys. Indeed when I went through ALL the navigation stuff from the car, i found I was not sending data. So, that is now set to send on "power on" as Randy suggests. I powered 'Sally' on once more for good measure, before retiring her for the night. We'll see if I have some data by tomorrow morning. T

Really appreciate your help -- and this board!!
Linda

On March 10 I activated Carwings, and today I received the following message on my DB:

"an exception occurred retrieving your information"

The DB is asking me to "get started". I have a week of March 31 delivery. Has anyone else seen this message?

LEAFer said:
Maybe the boat has arrived and they are working on the car :p Try again at end-of-day.
If Carwings was activated for linkim on March 10th, his Leaf was unloaded before that. For sure, they could still be working on the car, though before loading it on a truck for the dealer.

Hello drees, I hope you are correct. Perhaps you can quit your day job and become a fortune teller.
drees said:
If Carwings was activated for linkim on March 10th, his Leaf was unloaded before that. For sure, they could still be working on the car, though before loading it on a truck for the dealer.

garygid said:
Almost everything we say is "fortune telling", like "I will meet you for lunch tomorrow."

There is a difference. A statement such as "I will meet you for lunch tomorrow.", you have some control. Fortune telling is an expectation over which you don't have control, such as the delivery date of your LEAF.

Back