Golf Clubs in Trunk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickJ

I've seen this question and answer a few times:
Q:Will my golf clubs fit in the trunk?
A:Yes - the LEAF is a family car with ample passenger and cargo space.

However - I'd measured the length of the trunk (side to side) and thought this was a bit optimistic.
I got my Leaf Monday - and was able to answer my own question - the bag and clubs fit except for the Driver - a Cobra (admittedly a bit longer than some other brands at 46") - if I take the driver out of the bag and lay it diagonally across the trunk - both the bag and the driver fit.....
while the car is larger in the 'cabin' than my 2003 Prius, the trunk appears smaller.
I'm happy I'll be able to carry golf clubs in the trunk space.....(you may see photos at these urls:)
http://nissanleaf.shutterfly.com/pictures/55 (golf clubs in 'compact' bag fit snugly in Leaf Trunk)
and
http://nissanleaf.shutterfly.com/pictures/55#54 (golf clubs in 'compact' bag with room to spare in 2003 / Gen 1 Prius trunk)

RickJ

clubs placed in 'the trunk' (and under the tilting 'lid') are out of site are reasonably secure. 'vertical' is not so secure...
- it's good that at least one set of clubs will fit in the more secure area - even if it requires the driver to be removed from the bag and laid at an angle over the bag.
RickJ

RickJ said:
clubs placed in 'the trunk' (and under the tilting 'lid') are out of site are reasonably secure. 'vertical' is not so secure...
- it's good that at least one set of clubs will fit in the more secure area - even if it requires the driver to be removed from the bag and laid at an angle over the bag.
RickJ

My clubs do not fit below the rear cargo lid, not even close. I'd have to break them in half and leave the bag at home to make them fit.
Solution: Tilt/Lower rear passenger seat and sit the clubs sideways up and over that damn hump.
Security is not an issue... I've been trying to quit this god awful game for the last 35 years....Stolen clubs would be a blessing.

My LEAF is the fastest golf cart I have ever been in!!!!!! :ugeek:

Back