Who has or plan to get a Clear bra?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewild

Who has gotten a clear bra or plan to get a clear bra?

What did you pay? What film ect.

Are you happy with the job?

I got the Nissan front protection. Don't waste your money as it only covers about half of your front bumper area. I expected a LOT more coverage.....oh well, I guess it beats nothing.

I have information on any after-market protector.

I would recommend checking the lower front bumper to see if you already have a clear bra. I've checked my Leaf and a couple of others and noticed it was already installed, even though neither of us ordered it and it isn't on the Monroney sticker. My guess is that it is factory installed since it goes up behind the charge port plastic.

Yep, I didn't order it but it's there anyway on mine as well. Weird but whatever...

DarkStar said:
I would recommend checking the lower front bumper to see if you already have a clear bra. I've checked my Leaf and a couple of others and noticed it was already installed, even though neither of us ordered it and it isn't on the Monroney sticker. My guess is that it is factory installed since it goes up behind the charge port plastic.

Gonewild said:
Who has gotten a clear bra or plan to get a clear bra?

What did you pay? What film ect.

Are you happy with the job?
I put Lamin-x film on my GTI's headlights and fog lights. The application is generally straightforward. I imagine it'd be not much more challenging putting on a clear bra because while it'll be a bigger piece of film, the curvatures involved are not as severe as with headlight and fog light lenses.

It has been four years and the film, as well as my application of it, is holding up fine.

I wrote Lamin-x a couple of weeks ago and they said they are "working on making the kit for the LEAF".

P.S. XPEL is another brand I've heard used a lot. Their site says: "Our Design Team is aware of the need for these products and will begin the design process as soon as a vehicle can be obtained for patterning."

rawhog said:
I got a quote from an outfit in Roseville, CA to cover the entire front bumper. $400.00.

If you're going with that quote make sure you do the rear-view mirrors. Those three areas combined get the most activity.

Back