NAV system voice alerts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

Has anyone else noticed that when the radio is playing that it's really hard to hear the "next turn" voice commands. They kind of play at the same time and it doesn't seem to lower the radio volume like in my Civic.

I've played with the volume sliders with not much success yet. Am I losing my mind?

Check those volume settings again. I had turned up the Nav voice and it was OK, then for some reason the volume went back to the default again. Ultimately I just turned it off completely, and just watch the map visually when needed.

Not that it will help any, but Toyota seems to do this better. When listening to music and the Nav needs to give directions, the music on the driver side speaker turns off, then the Nav audio alert takes over. I can hear the alerts loud and clear. After the Nav is done talking, the music comes back on the driver side speaker. Simple transition, but effective.

I noticed this as well, changing volume setting does not fix the issue, another irritating issue with the NAV, not to mention no usable voice commands because they rushed out a pieced together system.

Lanzer said:
The volume does go down when the GPS is giving out directions. I'm listening to XM radio though.

My experience has been that if you monkey with the volume at the time the gps is speaking then it modifies just the gps volume (which you can then make louder if necessary) independent of the radio volume (which seems to auto lower when the gsp is speaking, albeit perhaps not sufficiently).
disclaimer: this is also based on XM

Latest posts

Back