Free EVSE upgrade Contest!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingineer

We have decided to sponsor the forum with a Banner ad, however since I'm an engineer, I stink at graphic design. =)

So we are offering a contest, where the winner gets a free EVSE upgrade! (full rev 1 or 2 upgrade complete with 120v adapter, and the order is transferable to anyone of your choosing.)

All results should be posted here, and must be 728 x 90. I'd like to let everyone decide who is the winner, because if you aren't a forum supporter, you're going to be seeing it all the time! =)

The idea is to attract new LEAF owners who are not aware of our service, so it has to grab the attention at the very least and compel someone to click to find out more. Obviously they must look professional and give some idea of what we are offering. Maybe a graphic of something like a LEAF and a lightning bolt. If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be asking for help!

Let's give it a week and see how it goes!

Good luck!

-Phil

I think there are some folks here that are quite good on Photoshop and other programs, I'm good at stick figures and the like. How about a tag line of "Charge Your LEAF Twice as Fast!" :mrgreen:

Hmm, are you sure you aren't good at designing ads in photoshop? I agree you might have a winner on your hands, but we still have a week for an underdog to appear right...

You could always change the title of this post to - free evse upgrade contest: enter if you dare :D

EVDrive said:
Hmm, are you sure you aren't good at designing ads in photoshop? I agree you might have a winner on your hands, but we still have a week for an underdog to appear right...

You could always change the title of this post to - free evse upgrade contest: enter if you dare :D
I haven't tried making an ad in Photoshop, that one was done with GIMP. :p

-Phil

Ingineer said:
I haven't tried making an ad in Photoshop, that one was done with GIMP. :p
My graphics editor of choice as well. I think you have a winner! I may try in a day or two if I get some time - I presume you'll open a poll for voting once all the entries are in?

Ingineer said:
The idea is to attract new LEAF owners who are not aware of our service, so it has to grab the attention at the very least and compel someone to click to find out more. Obviously they must look professional and give some idea of what we are offering. Maybe a graphic of something like a LEAF and a lightning bolt. If I knew what I was doing, I wouldn't be asking for help!

I just Yelped you Phil... You weren't listed as a company so I put in a request for a page for you. It said to allow 48 hours. Yelp helped our winery, it might help you too. I now have a full assortment of pigtails to go with my autoranging EVSE, everything from a NEMA TT-30 to a NEMA 14-50.

Thank you for helping us all out with your excellent modification.

John O

late to the game, but worth shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65605754@N05/5976029276/

MexSea said:
OK here is one I put together.

BannerLeaf_798x90.jpg

MexSea
I really like this one, but I would change the wording. It's got some grammar issues and is lacking some key information.

Code:
EVSE UPGRADE:          Go from 120V 12A to 240V 16A.
Maximize the versatility & performance of your EVSE.
Save time, money and cut your charging time in half!

I like both designs, and agree the text might need to change - maybe something simple for the 2nd gen Leaf owners who might be less tech savvy (like me - we only got in on the first round because my hubby was on it, now I get to drive it! :) )

EVSE UPGRADE
Convert your 120V trickle EVSE to 240V ~ charge in half the time
No additional equipment needed

I'd add something so new owners realize that they can skip the Blinky Blink if they just get their original Nissan plug upgraded.

mogur said:
So far I like Ingineers version the best...

+1...and I take issue with "It's got"....should be 'It has'...similar to America's Got Talent which is poor grammar too. It should be 'America Has Talent'.

I prefer the banner being used now. It's clean, simple, and easy to understand and get's to the point.

LEAFfan said:
and I take issue with "It's got"....should be 'It has'...
I'm no English teacher, but dictionary.com lists "has got" (as in, he has got three apples) as acceptable usage. Given that the "it's" contraction is short for "it has", what's wrong with "it has got some..."? I'm genuinely curious. Yes I realize I'm sidetracking the thread, so let's keep the diversion short. ;)

Back