My Leaf had to use a gas station today!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrRocket

There I was in the right lane at a red light. My Leaf was number three waiting to make a right on red. The number one car wouldn't make the right turn......

....I was in a hurry to make the right turn....so I entered the gas station, cut the corner, made the right turn, and went home. :lol:

and here I thought it was to make a personal pit stop or to buy a lotto ticket! But you did say your 'LEAF' had to use the GS. LOL

I've been to a gas station three times. Twice I bought snacks - at a station slated to get an L3 quick charge station some time... "soon"? The third time was for a car wash. I suppose there will be no more free or discounted car washes with 10 gallon purchase for me.

I had to stop at a gas station a couple of times in the last month to get gas... for a long trip to the Sierra in my Camry. I'm worried in a few months I may forget how to pump gas. ;) Haven't ever stopped at a gas station in the Leaf for any reason, and probably never will.

I like to visit my local Chevron station from time to time ... for old time's sake, that is.

After all, I still need to clean the windshield and windows from time to time. :p

My first visit was to a Costco gas station... I didn't realize that they didn't have window washing stuff.

I probably go to the local gas station with a brushless car wash for $6. Get an ice tea, also.

I've almost completely stopped looking at my gas gauge every time I pass a gas station !

This past Sunday was my first--had to fill up one of our propane tanks :lol:
But the guy did ask me about the LEAF and I said, "I fill up at home now"

Although my Leaf is still a few months away, I am already looking differently at gas stations, muffler shops, and sundry other ICE-related businesses. Come December they will all have to make a living without my patronage. I hope I will see the day when many of them will either have to close shop or cater to the new car.

lukati said:
Although my Leaf is still a few months away, I am already looking differently at gas stations, muffler shops, and sundry other ICE-related businesses. Come December they will all have to make a living without my patronage. I hope I will see the day when many of them will either have to close shop or cater to the new car.

If the gas station owners install an L3 there, I'm sure we'll all be browsing their convenient store for much longer than 5 minutes!

rawhog said:
Illegal, but funny :)
How is this illegal in CA? I'd been to more traffic schools than I care to admit and this subject seems to always come up and the instructor always says it it completely legal to enter one driveway and exit the other as long as you exit the 2nd driveway legally (watch for oncoming traffic, proceeed when safe, obey all signs, etc). I've actually pulled into a gas station, found out the pumps were closed and immediately exited out a different driveway. How is this any different?
Can you cite the vehicle code that prohibit's this?

BTW I always drive by the gas line at Costco and wave.

Ironically, the FIRST stop I made the first time I rented the Hertz NYC LEAF in April was at a service plaza on the Palisades Parkway, tio use the restroom and buy a snack. Most others were stopping to fill up with gas.

Back