extended warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to get the Nissan factory extended warranty, and you dont want to be overcharged for it either.. many get ripped off.

Do a search on the forum, we have an extensive thread on the subject that will save you a lot of $$..

That's all true, but to answer the question...you have the duration of the original factory warranty (36 months) to purchase an extended warranty (various lengths) from Nissan.

Stanton said:
That's all true, but to answer the question...you have the duration of the original factory warranty (36 months) to purchase an extended warranty (various lengths) from Nissan.

I purchased an extended warranty for my Wife's Altima recently. The factory warranty expired over a year ago. They like to sell warranties, so there isn't an expiry date really. The type and cost of warranty offered may change dependent upon the status of the factory warranty.

I went ahead and got the Security+ warranty for the LEAF. I figured I'll lock the price in now, I imagine the cost of repairing LEAF's will surprise even Nissan and the cost of warranties will grow as a result. The LEAF is a major change of technology, there are gonna be a lot of problems and high costs, as occurred with the intro of the CVT's, it'll be on a bigger scale with the LEAF.

I don't agree that there will be a lot of problems with the Leaf-- but for the price that Santa Rosa Nissan is charging for the warranties I went ahead and got the 7 year plan. Even if I only use it for one or two repairs in the seven years it will be worth it. On the other hand my dealer offered one for more than twice the vcost and that didn't make sense to me.

Back