Car side/rear bumper scuffed, best way to repair?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydoc

Hi all

Had parked my Leaf in a lot and when I came back the right rear and side looks like this.

There was no note! The bumper is also pushed in slightly in the indicated area.

How would I go about fixing this? Are there paint kits available online? This is a 2014 Nissan Leaf SV. Thanks.

When all you have to deal with is deep scratches or gouges, you can use a small artist's paint brush to brush on liquid epoxy, which you then sand after it dries. It can then be primed and painted. The dent, though, means flexible body filler may have to be used.

LeftieBiker said:
When all you have to deal with is deep scratches or gouges, you can use a small artist's paint brush to brush on liquid epoxy, which you then sand after it dries. It can then be primed and painted. The dent, though, means flexible body filler may have to be used.

Thanks. Will try this and see how it goes.

Remember a couple of things: it's much easier to get it smooth if it's smooth to begin with, before sanding, and you only have a few seconds to smooth the epoxy or filler as you apply them. Once they start to firm up, any efforts to smooth will make things worse.

Back