Bluetooth Problems

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUXMAN

This started happening a couple of days ago.
I don't know if it coincides with the iOS update to my iPhone to 10.2.1 but would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

For almost 2 years in my 2013, the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly with my phones.
Now when I get in the car and start it, the screen shows the phone is in use like I am on a call, but it is showing my number. I can't turn the radio on when it does this. It won't respond to pressing the END CALL. To get it to stop I basically have to either wait, make a call then hang up or cycle the BT on the phone. When I do the last option, it won't reconnect unless I go thru the menus to reconnect.

Any ideas?

That is odd. Seems 10.2.1 may have introduced some Bluetooth bugs, especially for iPhone 6S users. I'm sure it'll get fixed in the next update.

For now, I would try removing the phone from the cars's Bluetooth list, and also removing the car from the phone's Bluetooth list. Then reboot the phone and re-pair to the car. See if that might help.

I've done some software development with Bluetooth and it has given me that funky aftertaste for design-by-committee. There is an ongoing joke: "just wait, next year's version of Bluetooth will be great!" We've been hearing this for years. I can't even imagine the compatibility testing hardware vendors must go through, especially to not break support for "legacy" implementations like the LEAF.

Good idea. I removed the phone and re-BLuetoothed it, but I didn't remove it from the phone list. I will give that a shot

Back