Large SOH loss in 2015S over last month

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madengr

Bought a used 2015S with 20k miles on it. Looking at the Leafspy logs, it's had a large SOH loss over the month I have owned it. It's down from 99% to 90%. Actually dropped from 98% to 93% over 5 days. Think this is something top be concerned about? It seems to be leveling off, but I won't know for another month.

SOH.png

Time for a new year resolution:
You will check SOH no more often than monthly ;-)

I'm not positive but I think battery temperature will affect your readings.

Ha ha, yeah. I should not fret over it. Seems to be leveling off anyway. I'm surprised it was at 99% to begin with for 19,500 miles, as another I had checked prior to purchase, with same miles, was at 90%.

madengr said:
Ha ha, yeah. I should not fret over it. Seems to be leveling off anyway. I'm surprised it was at 99% to begin with for 19,500 miles, as another I had checked prior to purchase, with same miles, was at 90%.
Is SOH something that can be reset by a dealer? If so then Ahr which I don't believe can be reset, would be a better indicator of battery degradation?
If your battery was reset by a seller it might explain why the almost immediate drop in health, as battery recalibrates itself.

I guess that we haven't been looking for 'one bar resets', but they may be getting common. 12 capacity bars sell better than 11. Still, the above car is still at 12, so... probably not this one.

SageBrush is right. If you check the stats on your Leafspy daily or weekly it will give your stress and high blood pressure.

Back