iPhone iTunes playing through bluetooth only.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEG

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else... Hopefully someone can tell me the answer or point me to a thread with an answer...

I plugged an iPhone 3GS into the USB port in my new Leaf, and also had it configured for Bluetooth phone audio.
When I click through the stereo source list, I do get a list of iTunes MP3 files on the phone. When I play them, I don't hear any audio. Switching the source list finds that the audio is going via Bluetooth. When I pick Bluetooth source I hear the song playing that was selected in the USB audio/iTunes menu.

Hopefully there is a way to force this to playback through USB not Bluetooth? I only want the telephone call audio to play through Bluetooth, not the music files. If I pick up the phone, and turn off Bluetooth then the audio plays in the USB menu, but then I have lost the phone hands free feature.

I would prefer to use the Leaf touchscreen to pick songs. I know another option would be to use the headphone out to aux in and use the iPhone touchscreen to pick music, but that is clumsy and probably reduced sound quality.

Thanks.

There is a quirk in the way the system works, I'm not sure if it's Apple's fault or Nissan's... Basically, whenever your phone connects via bluetooth, the bluetooth audio takes priority. So, the workaround is to simply not plug in the USB port until after you see the "connected to <your_phone>" message pop-up on the display. Or, open the iPod app and click the little monitor/arrow icon at the bottom and select "dock connector". But it's easier just to wait and plugin later.

I have the same issue with the Kenwood deck in my smart. Bluetooth takes priority over the ipod dock. Just connect the cord after the bluetooth has connected.

Ever since I paired a second iPhone (my wife's) to my Leaf, my iPhone no longer automatically connects via Bluetooth. I have to go onto the iPhone, click on settings, go to Bluetooth, and then click on 'My Car' to have it connect.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

I plan on removing her iPhone from the config to see if that changes things for me. I just wanted to know if others have experienced this.

Yes ... my son's phone would no longer connect after I borrowed the car for a day. And mine did not connect that day until I went thru some attempts at pairing it. ( Last time I had actively used my phone (incoming call) in his car was more than 2 months ago. )

rawhog said:
At delivery, my dealer rep told me that if more than one phone is paired with the Navi that you have to select which phone you want to connect to.
This is almost right - it seems to have one "default". All you need to do is go to Menu -> Phones -> Connected Phones, select the phone you want the car to connect to (and then I think you need to hit "connect") After that, the car will continue to automatically connect to that phone.

Back