Light Rattle Noise when driving

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csriram45

Does any one else have this issue? In the past week I have started to notice light rattle noise. Seems to be from the hood area. With no audio or speakers ON, I can hear it when driving at about 25 miles/hr or above.

I have not been able to determine the issue for it. I suspect if its the hood support jack clip which seems to get lose after a few times opening the hood and using the jack.

I think that is one part not well though and something different needs to be done. I am going to try taping it and see if the noise goes away or if its something else...

Considering the car was super quiet.. this light rattle seems to bother me...

Funny I just came across this problem today and I was just about to post a quick solution:

straptie.jpg

The problem is caused by a loose plastic anchor on the jack clip. What you can do as a fix is to use either a nylon strap that's just the right width as the gap between the clip and the metal frame, or just a think rope and tie it around the anchor. No more rattle! :)

OK so I am not the only one. Just to confirm this indeed was the problem. I had taped around the whole thing and I have not heard much of it. This issue although seems a ill-designed issue and I hope Nissan would do something to fix this. This issue was not there initial few weeks but now its there.

Back