Carwings Down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

I have not received a charging stopped email since Sunday and the website says it can't communicate with the car. Anyone else having problems today?

No problems with getting all of our texts re charging completed/stopped.

Only weird thing that happened on Carwings since we got our car (about a month ago) was this past Saturday morning. We usually charge to 80% except when we think we might need to be prepared for extra range the next day. So cancelled the 80% and went for 100% on Friday night (done this before). On Saturday morning, I checked Carwings online and it said 100% charged, but like only estimated 59 miles - 49 miles! Yikes! So went to the garage and checked if the car matched. Whew, it indicated fully charged ranges and all bars! So not sure what happened re the ranges. Toured a visiting friend around the city that day and still had plenty left. We were gonna keep an eye out to see if that happens again before we call Nissan... in case it was something silly we did/never gets replicated.

GoingGreener said:
...Only weird thing that happened on Carwings since we got our car (about a month ago) was this past Saturday morning. We usually charge to 80% except when we think we might need to be prepared for extra range the next day. So cancelled the 80% and went for 100% on Friday night (done this before). On Saturday morning, I checked Carwings online and it said 100% charged, but like only estimated 59 miles - 49 miles! Yikes! ...
Known bug. The estimated miles on Carwings is inaccurate after a charge until the car is turned on. If you had gone back to Carwings later, you would have seen the correct estimate.

My Carwings notifications have gone AWOL the past two weeks, but I have no problem using Carwings to get status or to start a charge. Just no charging stopped/completed or unplugged warnings. Doesn't sound quite like the usual Carwings problem, but maybe I need the update.

P.S. Nevermind, I found my notifications had started getting spam filtered. To give credit where it's due, it was Nissan CS that made the suggestion.

Thanks davewill. Good to know about the bug. Just that we've checked that way many times before, but we hadn't experience that issue. Sorry to hear about your recent Carwing experience.

Back