No Heat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrwinGJr

Finally had to turn on the heat last week, in Arizona, and only cold air. Took it to the dealer where Nissan engineers detected a malfunctioning water pump (#2 of 3 pumps). Replacement part is in Tennessee and will be ground shipped to AZ, 4-5 days. So my Leaf sits at the dealer while they wait for a part!!!! Tech is not even sure that this will correct the problem! At least they gave me a loaner.

How long did you wait for warm air?

How did you try to turn on the heat. Seems there are other threads where people finding that climate controls confusing, particularly when it comes to heat.

It can take many minutes for it to warm up.

IrwinGJr said:
Finally had to turn on the heat last week, in Arizona, and only cold air. Took it to the dealer where Nissan engineers detected a malfunctioning water pump (#2 of 3 pumps). Replacement part is in Tennessee and will be ground shipped to AZ, 4-5 days. So my Leaf sits at the dealer while they wait for a part!!!! Tech is not even sure that this will correct the problem! At least they gave me a loaner.
You're not the first to have this problem - seems to be the most common significant warranty issue I've seen reported. How long have you had your LEAF?

I have had my Leaf for just over 3 months, purchased and serviced at Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale, AZ. Really appreciate the loaner which my Service Rep offered with no hints from me! Tried the heat for over 20 minutes with multiple control combinations, went back and reviewed the Owner's Manual, tried it again per instructions and still no heat. From the previous thread, looks like heat and the pump have been problems.

Back