Air Conditioner Fuse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamchemist

One thing that I have noticed about the Climate Control System on my LEAF is that it is Air Conditioner-Happy! It is common for me to look down and find (via the AC indicator light) that the car has decided for me that I should have the air conditoner turned on - for example, because I have turned on defrost or recirculate, but with "Auto" not selected. In reality for this part of North Carolina, there will probably be no good reason to turn on that air conditioner for two to three more months, and I would much rather not waste battery power on it, if I don't need to.

I'm wondering if there is a fuse that I can temporarily pull to force the air condition to stay off, which I can replace once we actually do get to summer and need to turn it on? Any of you LEAF gurus with a LEAF Service Manual know if that's possible?

The AC light does not mean that the AC is running, just that the climate control system can use the AC if it sees fit. Defrost does use the AC to dehumidify the air, which clears the windshield much faster and for longer. It will also turn the AC light back on when you switch to recirc, and that is annoying.

Back