OnoLeaf
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Dec 2016

Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi, I've had my 2016 Leaf for 1 month and loving the Nissan Connect EV app for setting the Climate Control 'On' before getting into the car when leaving home/work.

For the first 3 weeks, I never experienced a connect to my Leaf error, but the last 3 days, I have been hitting an error almost every time, on both the PC and iOS app:
- PC: Nissan Connect EV tab, click refresh button => Refresh Request failed
- iOS: Open Nissan Connect EV app = Service cannot be provided

Has anyone else experienced this? I've searched for service outage and the forum with no luck.
I've verified on Nissan FAQ that the 2016 model does not need the 2G->3G upgrade.
I'm also in an area with a strong signal and have performed numerous connections to the car at home/work.

Thanks --Ono
Bellevue, WA area

User avatar
Stanton
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 am
Delivery Date: 01 Sep 2011
Leaf Number: 7458
Location: Plano, TX
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm

It acts like the Nissan network is down...but I have used it in the last couple of days.
Assuming you haven't made any changes to your account, sounds like you need to call the EV hotline.
2011 Blue Ocean SV w/floor mats & window tint
12v LiFePO4 battery & FIAMM 74100 horns
Wet Okole seat covers (front)
Tor's low-power heater mod
2013 sun visor
3G modem upgrade
L2 EVSE Upgrade
Battery Pack replaced (Rev E) @51 months and 41k miles

OnoLeaf
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Dec 2016

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 am

UPDATE - I just got off the phone with Nissan Connect EV Help and they said that Carwings/Nissan Connect is having issues in the USA, Europe and Japan. In addition, there was no timeline for an update or fix or a Service Status site to check :roll:

lorenfb
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:53 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 416635
Location: SoCal

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:42 am

OnoLeaf wrote:UPDATE - I just got off the phone with Nissan Connect EV Help and they said that Carwings/Nissan Connect is having issues in the USA, Europe and Japan. In addition, there was no timeline for an update or fix or a Service Status site to check :roll:


That's great, i.e. maybe that explains why my TCU functioned for three weeks after the update and now fails
to connect with an error message. Probably should wait and not visit the dealer and waste time with a fourth
dealer visit for a "simple" update. And here I thought buying a BEV would significantly reduce dealer visits and
hassles.

User avatar
KK6PD
Gold Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:09 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2015
Leaf Number: 333803

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am

I posted this in a different thread, but I and others have fixed the problem...

My TCU was replaced on 12/26, and all was well, well it did take 8 hours, blah blah... anyway I communicate with the car 3 to 6 times during the day, and the system always worked well for me. 2G, and 3G, well 3G for 3 weeks .... last week I too stopped "talking" to the EV Gods, crap!
Today I checked in, read, and well yes, my battery sits at 12.3 volts. H'mmmmm, I just happen to have a brand new battery just waiting for a reason to install it, so I installed the new battery, I also keep a power source on the battery leads as I swap battery's, I hate resetting stuff!
So new battery in, I then fired up laptop, went to Nissan Connect, logged in, retrieved my ID/Psswd, brought that to the car, logged the car out, erased stored password, typed my downloaded info, entered it and stood back!
No smoke, no connect, well, let's let the radio & electron gods figure it out.
Let's add music to my Ipod. Time goes by and lo & behold ....
At 4:20, I checked the NissanConnect site, hit refresh, and BAM, it's now working!


So, go check your battery, if it's 12.5 volts or less, replace it. you will get yours working again ....

TheTeslaDream
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:49 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2016
Leaf Number: 2533

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 pm

OnoLeaf wrote:UPDATE - I just got off the phone with Nissan Connect EV Help and they said that Carwings/Nissan Connect is having issues in the USA, Europe and Japan. In addition, there was no timeline for an update or fix or a Service Status site to check :roll:


WOW, i had to come on here to get an honest answer. To get an answer that i kinda knew deep inside that was the problem from reading past posts. The dude on the phone told me it was a TCU failure when i just had it installed from like 2 weeks ago (upgrade) and it was working fine and it still updates the stations and does everything else the TCU is supposed to do.

TheTeslaDream
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:49 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Dec 2016
Leaf Number: 2533

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:22 pm

KK6PD wrote:I posted this in a different thread, but I and others have fixed the problem...

My TCU was replaced on 12/26, and all was well, well it did take 8 hours, blah blah... anyway I communicate with the car 3 to 6 times during the day, and the system always worked well for me. 2G, and 3G, well 3G for 3 weeks .... last week I too stopped "talking" to the EV Gods, crap!
Today I checked in, read, and well yes, my battery sits at 12.3 volts. H'mmmmm, I just happen to have a brand new battery just waiting for a reason to install it, so I installed the new battery, I also keep a power source on the battery leads as I swap battery's, I hate resetting stuff!
So new battery in, I then fired up laptop, went to Nissan Connect, logged in, retrieved my ID/Psswd, brought that to the car, logged the car out, erased stored password, typed my downloaded info, entered it and stood back!
No smoke, no connect, well, let's let the radio & electron gods figure it out.
Let's add music to my Ipod. Time goes by and lo & behold ....
At 4:20, I checked the NissanConnect site, hit refresh, and BAM, it's now working!


So, go check your battery, if it's 12.5 volts or less, replace it. you will get yours working again ....



Went outside tested my voltage with the battery still plugged in but the car in off position. Read 12.56V. I have read here previously that disconnecting and connecting the battery temporarily resolves this issue.

Phatcat73
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm
Leaf Number: 401511
Location: Buffalo Grove, Il

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 pm

we had timeout issues. deleted the carwings info from the car, repopulated. all is well
2016 SV; purchased 20-Jan-17, <5k, 98% SOH; 01-Apr-17
2013 SV; purchased 6-March-13 44k, 81% SOH; 3-Apr-17
2015 S; purchased 29-July-14, moved to AZ Nov-2014, 19k, 83% SOH; 30-Mar-17
(LD storage) 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4x2), 101k

User avatar
KK6PD
Gold Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:09 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2015
Leaf Number: 333803

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:15 am

TheTeslaDream wrote:Went outside tested my voltage with the battery still plugged in but the car in off position. Read 12.56V. I have read here previously that disconnecting and connecting the battery temporarily resolves this issue.


Why temporarily fix the problem, just replace the battery and fix the problem, I did not have to pull power from TCU, just renter ID/Psswd, give it 30 minutes or so, check NissanConnect, should be working!
Mine was FIXED!
Good Luck!

LeftieBiker
Posts: 7128
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Nissan Connect EV - Connecting to Leaf now failing

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 am

KK6PD wrote:
TheTeslaDream wrote:Went outside tested my voltage with the battery still plugged in but the car in off position. Read 12.56V. I have read here previously that disconnecting and connecting the battery temporarily resolves this issue.


Why temporarily fix the problem, just replace the battery and fix the problem, I did not have to pull power from TCU, just renter ID/Psswd, give it 30 minutes or so, check NissanConnect, should be working!
Mine was FIXED!
Good Luck!


12.56 volts is pretty typical for a Leaf, and does not indicate a failed 12 volt battery.
Last edited by LeftieBiker on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”