Top Speed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFish

I found my self on a flat open road today and wanted to see what what the real top speed was. I managed 94 mph and I was surprised how smooth and stable she was. I do however suspect that my spedo is off a couple of mph according to the GPS in my phone but I'm not sure how accurate it is either.

MrFish said:
I found my self on a flat open road today and wanted to see what what the real top speed was. I managed 94 mph and I was surprised how smooth and stable she was. I do however suspect that my spedo is off a couple of mph according to the GPS in my phone but I'm not sure how accurate it is either.

Did your GPS say 96 mph? :D

svBackstreets said:
MrFish said:

No, unfortunately my phone GPS ONLY read 92!

I, and others, have also hit 94 (discussed in another thread). In that thread it was calculated, based on max motor RPM, gearing ratio and wheel size that 94 is, in fact, the maximum possible speed for the LEAF. :eek:

MrFish said:
Continue that speed for a bit and get a second opinion - your friendly CHP Officer! EVs are definitely fast enough to get tickets! (And yes, I did get a speeding ticket in my younger days in the GM EV1 Electric Car on Highway 280! (EV1 production and RAV4 EV top speed about 83 MPH, EV1 race modified top speed 183 MPH)

MrFish said:
svBackstreets said:
MrFish said:
No, unfortunately my phone GPS ONLY read 92!

I would believe the '92' more than the LEAF's speedo.

Back