Cannot add new CARWINGS RSS feeds

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainnw

Is anyone having issues adding new CARWINGS RSS feeds? I can edit existing feeds, but whenever I try to add a new feed (put in the url, click accept after it 'checks' the feed/etc), it dumps me out to a login screen. My changes are never applied.

I am not sure if this is a special feature Nissan put on my account :lol: , or if this applies globally to all CARWINGS RSS feed users now.

Mine works fine, have CNet and and PBS feeds, both work fine. As I remember there was a button to click on that was a little obscure.

vgniphone said:
Mine works fine, have CNet and and PBS feeds, both work fine. As I remember there was a button to click on that was a little obscure.

Hey vgniphone, would you please post the url you're using for the PBS feeds. I tried some NPR feeds, but get that error saying the url is not the right format. Here is a pbs feed that doesn't work:

feed://www.pbs.org/newshour/rss/middle_east.xml

I've futzed around a bit with the syntax, but no joy.

Thanks!

change "feed://" to "http://"

I do know how to add RSS feeds, but now when i add them, it logs me out completely. This didnt use to be the case.

Well there you go, I hijacked your thread, you solved my problem and you still can't add feeds. There's no justice.

Does it make a difference if you're using the screen in the car or the web site for carwings through the Nissanusa/owners site?

rdhauser said:
Well there you go, I hijacked your thread, you solved my problem and you still can't add feeds. There's no justice.

Does it make a difference if you're using the screen in the car or the web site for carwings through the Nissanusa/owners site?

I am going through the CARWINGS website. I have not found a place in the actual car to enter an RSS URL. Okay, now im excited. Is there something you could teach me perhaps? :D

I have not found a place in the actual car to enter an RSS URL. Okay, now im excited. Is there something you could teach me perhaps?

There I go again. No, I don't think you can enter a url from the car. I misread that section of the manual. All you can do (as you've discovered) is send an rss to favorites, or delete the whole thing. My bad.

Doesn't you're problem, though, sound like carwings is sending the Nissan portal an id/password combination that doesn't match? Perhaps checking that you have consistent settings at the Nissan portal and within the car is the avenue to investigate. One can change the username and password from the car through the Menu=>Carwings=>Carwings Settings=>Sign in path, but I'd be hesitant to do that until I contacted the admin at the Nissan portal. My sign in at the portal does not match the password I was given when I activated carwings.

Back