EVerlasting
Delivery Date: 11 Jul 2013
Leaf Number: 017329

Re: Lose the "Building Trees" on the head's up display

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 am

smkettner wrote:
EVerlasting wrote:
TomT wrote:I'll give you but one of many examples. Coast down a hill in N. Press and release the accelerator. Watch the efficiency gauge go from 0 to 100%. There are many more...
I actually watched the ECO Indicator go to full as soon as I began coasting down a hill in "N" yesterday, so your example is wrong.
Did you press the accelerator while in neutral?
No, I did not press the accelerator. I was just coasting downhill. If I press the accelerator in N, nothing would happen. Other info: I had 80% charge as I was leaving home. I live on a mountain and my drive out of home is always downhill. It was 29 degrees on dashboard.
2012 Nissan Leaf SL|25,000 miles
Weekly charging using public CHAdeMO station 7 miles from my condo apartment and occasional charging using EVSEupgrade L2 240v 12 amps. 11 capacity bars

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:46 pm

EVerlasting wrote:No, I did not press the accelerator. I was just coasting downhill. If I press the accelerator in N, nothing would happen.

Next time you are coasting in N, press the accelerator and watch the "trees". Something will happen.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

CeeDub
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2013

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 pm

WetEV wrote:
EVerlasting wrote:No, I did not press the accelerator. I was just coasting downhill. If I press the accelerator in N, nothing would happen.

Next time you are coasting in N, press the accelerator and watch the "trees". Something will happen.

and maybe stop making absolute statments like "you are wrong" before you have all the info or have read all the facts.... never a good idea.... there are few things that are 100% absolute...

EVerlasting

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

CeeDub wrote:
WetEV wrote:

and maybe stop making absolute statments like "you are wrong" before you have all the info or have read all the facts.... never a good idea.... there are few things that are 100% absolute...
I said "Your example is wrong". I did not say "you are wrong". There is a difference.
Weekly charging using public CHAdeMO station 7 miles from my condo apartment and occasional charging using EVSEupgrade L2 240v 12 amps. 11 capacity bars

EVerlasting

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm

WetEV wrote:

I will try that out but it just strange for anyone to accelerate in N. There is no ICE engine roar that's for sure.

EVerlasting

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 pm

EVerlasting wrote:
WetEV wrote:

I will try that out but it just strange for anyone to accelerate in N. There is no ICE engine roar that's for sure.
Yes, the ECO Indicator turns down (counter clockwise) when I press the accelerator in N, but like I said before, there is no need to press the accelerator in N because nothing happens. Its Neutral and the inverted is disconnected from motor. This is either a coding error by Nissan, or Nissan tries predict usage if D or ECO are engaged with the accelerator pressed. In any case, the ECO Tree and ECO Indicator IMO are helpful in displaying drive efficiency without moving eyes off the road to watch the center console's energy usage screen.

thankyouOB
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 pm

like two boys fighting over the last marble.
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

UBUYGAS
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2013
Leaf Number: 404190

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:46 pm

+1

I'm 6'5 and I can't see the current shifter display either.

dgpcolorado wrote:Nevertheless, I'd rather see the shifter indicator (D, Eco, N) there in that part of the "eyebrow" display. I often have trouble seeing the current shifter display when the steering wheel is in certain positions.
Do you know the EV RULES?

Learn them today by clicking here: http://EV-RULES.com

asemeco
Delivery Date: 13 May 2015

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm

How about building $ bills instead of trees?

CeeDub
Delivery Date: 22 Aug 2013

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:48 pm

asemeco wrote:How about building $ bills instead of trees?

hahaha! nice!

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”