Can I change the route color?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtaheri

Hi folks,
A newbie here with 3 days of experience behind the wheel of a leaf. A question regarding the nav system: can I change the color of the route? It highlights the route in yellow, and all the other streets are also a different shade of yellow. Or am I colorblind? :)

Thanks,
Reza

Nope, but changing the daylight color scheme to the night color scheme makes it much more readable. Here is a cut and paste from my thread elsewhere:

A couple of hints for the Navigation system... I often use it just to see the XM traffic information, so...

1) I've found it much easier to see that and other information using the night time color scheme during the day. This places the roads and colored speed bands on a black background which is much easier to read.
To do this, simply go to the color scheme screen and you can select the "night" scheme for daylight use as well as night. Then set the brightness where you like for daytime (use the day/night button at the bottom left of the screen) and you will have the same dark background for both day and night, with different brightnesses for each.

2) I like having the screen on a wide range to see the big picture and long range traffic info, but also like to see a closeup version that shows all the roads immediately around me... You can have both on the same screen. Go to the View Mode screen in the Nav Menu and select side by side split 2D. Then set the range on the left screen to 1 or 2 miles and the range on the right screen to 1/8 mile. Now you have the best of both worlds and can actually put that widescreen display to some use...

Tom

rtaheri said:
Hi folks,
A newbie here with 3 days of experience behind the wheel of a leaf. A question regarding the nav system: can I change the color of the route? It highlights the route in yellow, and all the other streets are also a different shade of yellow. Or am I colorblind? :)

Thanks,
Reza

mogur said:
go to the color scheme screen and you can select the "night" scheme for daylight use as well as night. Then set the brightness where you like for daytime (use the day/night button at the bottom left of the screen) and you will have the same dark background for both day and night, with different brightnesses for each.

I couldn't find this. Is is under "Settings" / "Navigation" ?

Back