Curious fast beep from speaker in front wheel well

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kg4bec

Hi,

This is a puzzler. I don't consider it a problem, and I don't see that anyone has mentioned this in a previous thread, so I thought I'd mention it to see if anyone can explain it.

Park your LEAF, preferably in an enclosed space with the drivers side window open so you can hear it better, leave it running and put it park. Unlock and open the drivers side door, remember, the car is still running. Now lock the drivers side door while it is still open, then close the door. Do all this while sitting in the drivers seat, as the fob must remain inside the car for this to work.

You should hear about 10 fast beeps from the speaker in the front wheel well (where the VSP comes from, I believe). I've triggered this accidentally several times, and finally figured out the motions to reproduce it.

So my question is: do other LEAFs do this? And if so, does anyone know what the beeps are supposed to mean? Curious minds like to know. Extra points if you can reference the user manual or service guide for the explanation. :)

Cheers/73, Bert/kg4bec

should be able to reproduce this if you leave a fob in the car and try to lock the doors from outside I think, lets you know you left your keys inside the car.

-Matt

Right, it's the fob-still-in-the-car alarm. And I think the doors will unlock themselves. If I recall correctly, the same thing happens if you drop the fob in the trunk area and shut the hatch, or try to lock the car from the outside with the fob inside.

Thank you! I knew it had to be something simple and I did try to find it in the manual before I asked.

When I first heard it I thought it was a malfunction beep deep down in the engine and could not figure out what I had done.

Even after six months of ownership, you still learn something new about the car. :)

Cheers, Bert

Back