eclecticflower
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021559

Re: LEAF in Kansas City

Thu May 03, 2012 5:28 pm

My AV quote totally disappeared from the Nissan web site (how mysterious :shock:). I have confirmation of my VIN (exciting!) and was able to set up Carwings! Getting closer...too bad the delivery dates dance for some. The worst will be the actual dealer involvement. :lol:
2012 Cayenne Red LEAF SL: Vanity Plate - G'BYGAS
Reserved 08/10, Ordered 3/12/2012, $99 Refunded 5/16/12, Delivered 6/4/12.

ericvoll

Sat May 05, 2012 8:38 am

I've read that once you have your VIN number and CarWings enrollments opens up (several weeks ago for me), your car is now in the United States. A few days after CarWings was enabled, I saw my pre-purchase checklist, and the final OWN section opened up. I contacted Nissan Customer Care a couple of weeks ago, and they were able to confirm that indeed, my car is at port and that it would be put on a transport on May 9th with actual delivery a couple of weeks later.

A work colleague's brother delivers new cars/trucks to dealerships and said that delivery from port always takes at least a couple of weeks here in the Midwest. He says the trains have to stop multiple places and are constantly unloading or taking on additional cars.

Good luck with Randy Reed Nissan. I'm sure it'll all be fine (you were able to nail down a price for the new car). I would suggest if you have a trade-in, to avoid any unpleasantness, that you take your car to another dealership and also to CarMax to get an offer a few days before the car comes in. That way, if Randy Reed tries to low-ball you (no doubt they will), you have other options. Over the past seven years, I've sold two cars to CarMax and got a very decent amount of money back.

As far as Randy Reed, I noticed the other day they must have caught on to the fact that they had an abysmal rating on Google reviews. Over the course of the last 30 days, there are three new "glowing, saccharin laden" reviews that look like they may have been written by the same person (perhaps an employee) that have raised their score a little bit? As a college educated math person, I find the acceleration in the reviews curious. They had three reviews last year, and suddenly, they have three in the span of less than a month? That's an order of magnitude. That's either an outlier, or there is some manipulation going on there. Of course, I'm just speculating.

2-3 weeks to go.....

eclecticflower

Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Ericvoll:

Thanks for the info! Checked status today and have gotten to the check list, too. I also received a delivery date June 6th (within 7 days of the week of). At the Owners portal, too, but can't do anything until the dealer registers my carwings pin upon purchase.

Will definitely check CarMax for a quote on my current car. Know it's value from condition on KBB online. I fully expect Randy Reed to lowball it. Kinda funny you've found such glowing reviews online, so recently. Maybe Randy Reed is doing damage control under cover :lol:

Betcha can't wait to get your Leaf in a couple weeks - good luck! Post a pic when you have it.

ksnogas2112
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881

Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

Enjoy your cars guys. It looks like you'll be 30 days before me. Which makes sense since you ordered 30 before me. So on the EVSE situation....

1. Dealer recommended vendor (LilyPad EV): $2500 to run wire from breaker to Schneider evse, includes installing 2 micro circuit breakers to make room for the dual 40 and appropriate wire to reach garage, includes the evse.
2. Local electrician: $220 to run wire from breaker to Schneider evse, includes installing 2 micro circuit breakers to make room for the dual 40 and appropriate wire to reach garage plus cost of the evse itself, home depot/lowes $800.
3. Local company for whole house repairs/updates/hvac and more, AB May: $650-$3000 + cost of evse. Range is due to options, most expensive, new box, new breakers, whole house surge protector, wires in conduit and gold maintenance agreement. Least expensive, installing 2 micro circuit breakers to make room for the dual 40 and appropriate wire to reach garage.

Personally, I've had great experience with AB May and that's what I want but the local electrician is wife's coworker so she's leaning to having him do it. AB May was the only guy that opened the box, checked the buss, provided multiple options and explained the benefits for each option.
Tom in KS
100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-55,000+ miles

eclecticflower

Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 pm

So today I checked and they moved my delivery date to "week of June 8" and since that's the end of a week....I'm looking at about another month, too. UNLESS my halo tilts back into position :roll: and it comes in early! :lol:

Vlad92
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Fri May 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Well after much contemplation I decided today to not take delivery of my Leaf. It just isn't the right time for me to buy car.

So my blue SL is sitting at the dealer waiting for a new home (it just arrived today). If anyone in the KC area wants to drive up to Omaha to buy it I don't think it is spoken for.... just bring a flat bed to get it home! It's at Woodhouse Nissan in Bellevue, NE. Adam Ciochetto is the contact. Good guy to work with... if I would have bought it I would have definitely bought from him.

EdmondLeaf

Sat May 12, 2012 5:56 am

In OKC "regular dealer stock" Leaf arrived last week but first ordered now beginning of June, check with your local dealer maybe the same thing in your area

ksnogas2112
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881

Mon May 14, 2012 8:37 am

Lee's Summit Nissan still has a Cayenne orphan (assumed) on the lot for $38k. But I still need to fix the garage so the delay for the car build just for me is fine.
Tom in KS
100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-55,000+ miles

eclecticflower

Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 am

Interesting, got a note from Nissan that my delivery date changed and when I checked this time, it was placed back to it's original delivery date, week of June 6th (after having been moved to week of June 8th). Bouncing back and forth over 2 days - a bit silly, especially since it's the same week.

So there's a Cayenne Red LEAF, possible orphan in Lee's Summit? Price sounds like an SL. Interesting...there could be some price negotiation. I keep reading in this forum where people are managing to get $1000-$2000 off MSRP. Something to think about. I think I'm stuck with the quote I accepted to order mine, but maybe not...it's all about playing that (hateful) numbers game at the dealer when taking delivery (worst part about car buying, as always). I still have to have my electrician over on a Saturday this month to upgrade service/install EVSE charging dock. It's spare time work for him. :| Even though I want my red LEAF, there's no huge rush at this point to prematurely part myself from my money - tempting, but I guess it can wait a couple more weeks! :)

eclecticflower

Mon May 14, 2012 11:56 am

In case you're interested, I just checked Lee's Summit Nissan's web site and they have 10 LEAFs listed in their New Inventory link. There are 5 SLs listed @ $38,100 and 5 SVs listed @ $36,050, one of each color for each type.

Return to “Central USA”