Central Ohio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikedemana

Hi,

I tried to start this thread on the Newbie page, but maybe it will work better here. I bought (well, leased...) my Leaf on Sept. 7, a ocean blue SL I've decided to nickname "Neptune." The color and space age design inspired that.

Anyway, who else owns a Leaf around here? And what's the scoop on public chargers? I went to Easton the night I purchased my car and discovered that you need a card to activate the Blink stations. So, I ordered one of those, and then signed up for the freebie Chargepoint card. What else should I get?

What do we have here in the Columbus area that is free, as far as public chargers? And do we have any Level 3 chargers anywhere in the area?

Hope to see my fellow Leaf owners on the road...

Try http://www.plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I leased my leaf at Buckeye Nissan in Hilliard back in February. No problems or complaints in 5000 miles.

I live in Dublin, Ohio and I've had my Leaf for a year now. There are chargers at Easton and across the street at the Easton WallMart. We also just got chargers at Tuttle mall. There are also a few downtown, near Goodale park, at in the State House parking garage, and off Gay st. I've heard they're also at the Dublin administration building and rec center. Oh and the OSU CAR has public chargers. All are level 2. All are free but the ones downtown you have to pay a parking meter.

I Leased my 2012 SL Leaf from Nissan North (near Polaris Mall) on RT23. Would like to meet with other Leaf owners in the area to discuss Leaf stuff.
Doc

I'm not sure if anyone's aware, but Green Energy Ohio is hosting their spring event in Dublin next weekend. There's going to be several speakers/workshops on EV topics, including an EV owners forum. Their asking EV owners to bring their cars in on Saturday for an "EV Park and Show" (you get free admission to everything). Also, there's a reception on Friday showcasing a mobile solar array EV charger. More details here:
http://www.greenenergyohio.org/page.cfm?pageID=3510

I figured I would bring this one back from death. I am moving to the Columbus area next month however I may be staying in an extended stay for a few months. With a commute of about 9 miles do you think I could get by with public charging? When I make the plans for the extended stay I am going to ask about 120v charging but I don't want to rely solely on that. I have looked at plugshare and there are a few L2 on the northern side of town. The only other option is to leave the LEAF in CO with the wife and drive the gas guzzler truck back and forth to work. I would prefer the LEAF but I can't run into issues with being able to get to work.

MikeinDenver said:
I figured I would bring this one back from death. I am moving to the Columbus area next month however I may be staying in an extended stay for a few months. With a commute of about 9 miles do you think I could get by with public charging? When I make the plans for the extended stay I am going to ask about 120v charging but I don't want to rely solely on that. I have looked at plugshare and there are a few L2 on the northern side of town. The only other option is to leave the LEAF in CO with the wife and drive the gas guzzler truck back and forth to work. I would prefer the LEAF but I can't run into issues with being able to get to work.

Can you say what part of Columbus you'll be living and/or working? The chargers around here are kind of hit or miss.

Completely agree with nunezj12 in that charging stations are few and far between. On the NE side of the city, Germain Nissan has two L2 stations available outside their building, plus one in the service bay and one in the delivery bay. By now they may also have an L3 station. They are convenient if you are staying or working in the Easton area. The local power company, AEP, also has an L2 station on the East side of the city right off I-280.

Thanks for the replies. I will be staying and working in the NE part just North of the 270 71 interchange. If things work out the way I am currently planning I actually will only be driving about 8-9 miles round trip a day so I can probably just charge it up on the weekends. I noticed there is a L3 near the campus on Plugshare. Kind of confusing though as to if it is a pay to park or what?

MikeinDenver said:
Thanks for the replies. I will be staying and working in the NE part just North of the 270 71 interchange. If things work out the way I am currently planning I actually will only be driving about 8-9 miles round trip a day so I can probably just charge it up on the weekends. I noticed there is a L3 near the campus on Plugshare. Kind of confusing though as to if it is a pay to park or what?

The OSU Kinnear lvl3 station is free, but it was down the only time I went and from comments seem to be down often. The lvl2s there work great though. No charge for parking.

The Buckeye Nissan (270 / Fishinger Rd exit) is free and as far as I know accessible 24/7 for lvl3 charging. I leased my Leaf from there.

Back