Evan Fusco-Prius owner, Model S & Leaf reservation holder

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efusco

Hi all,
Got directed to this site by another member at PriusChat.com. I'm a 6.5 year 2004 Gen II Prius owner, my wife has a 2006 Highlander Hybrid and am R77 reservation holder (meaning one of the first 200 or so) for a Tesla Model S. It seemed wise to get on the Leaf list as early as possible for a number of reasons.

Current plan/priorities:
Plan A-If Tesla can actually stay to their original announcement and get the Model S rolling out by late 2011 I'll just keep driving my Prius until they deliver my car. I can wait that long and fiscally it makes the most sense. I think the Model S will be a better car for my family of 5 and our usual travel needs and it is my first choice.

Plan B-If the Tesla completely falls through or looks to have a several year delay, and Toyota starts selling their PHV Prius (13 mile EV range) I would probably choose to buy that. It would have enough EV range for my usual commute to work, I can plug in at work, and thus should be able to do the round trip all in EV, esp. if I continue to use my usual hypermiling techiques. I trust the Prius and Toyota and the PHV Prius would be much more versatile than the Leaf.

Plan C-The Leaf--now, even though it's plan C I think there is a decent chance I could end up with this car in my driveway. If the Tesla is delayed a year or so the Leaf would be a pretty good choice for a commuter vehicle and eventually, after I get the Model S, I could hand the Leaf down to my twin boys (who turn 16 in 2015)...it would be an ideal first vehicle for them and could serve as my wife's commuter until then so we could reserve our Highlander Hybrid for big trips or when we need to haul a lot of stuff/dogs/etc.

Back