2015 SV Leaf Potentially For Sale (with only 7500 miles)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xboxremote

I'm not sure why it won't let me post in the marketplace section, so I'm posting here hoping someone can either move it, or tell me how to get it in there.

Basically, I want to sell my Leaf to go back to an ICE (yeah, yeah, I know). I have reasons for wanting to go back, but I won't get into those here. However, I wanted to gauge if there would be any interest from anyone on this forum since you all are Leaf enthusiasts, and I'd rather it go to one of you.

It's a 2015 SV trim with the quickcharge port, nav, heated seats/steering wheel, premium wheels, and all that fun stuff. Only 7,500 miles, which leaves a lot for you to enjoy. Inside and out is in spectacular condition. No accidents, and low miles, means nothing needs to be fixed. I've taken care of the brake and the airbag recall already, and have the new (non 2G) telematics unit sitting at the dealer which I can get installed for you.

I also bought an extended warranty on it, which was worth $965 (so there's about $760 pro-rated left), as well as a tire and wheel warranty for $225 (so about $178 left on that one).

Asking $14,500 including the transferable warranty.

Also, I can post photos, but we just had a snowstorm here last weekend and I want to give it a good bath first :)

Thanks!
Nick

i think you can only post on the 'For sale' part of the forum if you are a supporter. it's about $15 to do so. I let mine lapse but I'll get to it.

And to help you. A quick search in my area, salt lake City utah.. all the Nissan Leafs posted for sale that I can find are all $2000 to $4000 less than yours.. and that does include SV and SL models with mileage around 20,000. not good news but that is the state of EV ownership.. once you are in.. you are in for the long haul... unless you leased.

i don't know if admins would bother to remove it. If $15 isn't worth it to you to help you sell your car, i don't know what to say. I think it's great value if it gets a Leaf from under you.

maybe PM some of the people who have shown interest in nearly new leafs in the 'for sale' section. maybe one of them might bite?

Well I just don't know how effective it will be listing here. So I guess what I mean is I'd rather take that $15 and put it towards listing it on one of the big sites where I'm guaranteed more exposure.

And yeah, I definitely understand the bad depreciation with EV's right now. I've found a few in my area that are closer to my price but don't include the extended warranty. But also the difference in mileage with the ones you found is 12,500. That's pretty significant.

At any rate, thank you for the advice. I might try PMing a few people here, but I'm not confident I will get many leads out of this site.

Thanks!
Nick

Well, I know someone who might be interested if it were silver or metallic with light interior. However, for that price, I'm pretty sure they will pass. They already have a 2011 leaf and it will continue to work just fine until next winter. So, if you still have it in November and are willing to come down to less than $10,000....

Hey Reddy,

Thanks for the reply. Feel free to PM me when that time comes and we can talk. I'm still not sure if I'm going to sell privately or trade, and for how much. I've already been offered $10k for a trade in at this time, so if it were now, I probably wouldn't be able to come down that low, but who knows where it'll be in November.

Thanks,
Nick

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21244&p=473749&hilit=2015#p462638
Here are the auction values from last June. They predict between $8000-$10,000 retail for June 2017. If really looking to sell, I would recommend that you sell as quickly as possible. By next fall, auction values will probably be around $5K and retail might be $8K. At least, that's what my friends are planning. Factoring in transit from CO to WA, and I'm guessing that it will be cheaper and easier for my friends to purchase locally. We actually have a pretty good use market in both Seattle and Portland. Plus, our local Mitsubishi dealer (Leskovar) has been buying Leafs at auction and normally has 5-10 in stock for sale between $7K (2011-2012) to $12K (2014-2015). However, I'm always up for a trip to CO, since I spent several years in Boulder. :D

Yeesh - That's not good news on the predicted value. Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

Also, nice! Boulder is great, though I'm a CSU grad, so I like Fort Collins better :) The closest I've been to you I think is Seattle, which I love. We would move there in a heartbeat, but have obligations here in Denver (and do love it here too).

I came close to buying a new 'S' from a Fort Collins dealership. After rebates, discounts, state and federal tax credits, price can be as low as ~ $12k.
So at least for Coloradans, a $14k asking price for a used LEAF is not going to interest anyone who is informed.
I ended up buying a 2014 'S' with 97% SOH (64.5 Ah battery capacity) for $8300 out of state, so about $6300 once the state tax credit is received.

This
http://driveelectricnoco.org/group-buy/
gives the flavor of good pricing these days in the state.
The advert says through Dec 31st, 2016 and in small print 'or until inventory is sold.'

Wow, that group buy discount is huge. Normally, yes, a new Leaf would be heavily discounted with the rebates and credits. But not to $12k (without that group buy). At any rate, I want to point out that the price I listed is asking. People are welcome to haggle as always. I'm also more than happy to knock off $$ if nobody is interested in the warranty.

Also, did you buy your used Leaf in 2016? As far as I understand Colorado is no longer allowing credits on used cars even if the credit hasn't been claimed on the vehicle. I could be wrong but I remember reading that recently.

Anyway I'm pretty close to just trading it in, but if anyone is interested please let me know.

xboxremote said:
Also, did you buy your used Leaf in 2016?
Dec 2016

You are right, the Colorado tax credit as of 2017 only applies to new cars.

I just saw a group buy offered in MN for customers of Xcel -- $10k off as a rebate on I think any 2016 or 2017 new LEAF. Presuming they start from MSRP and the buyer can then take the tax credits worth $12,500, a new 30 kWh LEAF is around $10k.

SageBrush said:
xboxremote said:
Also, did you buy your used Leaf in 2016?
Dec 2016

You are right, the Colorado tax credit as of 2017 only applies to new cars.

I just saw a group buy offered in MN for customers of Xcel -- $10k off as a rebate on I think any 2016 or 2017 new LEAF. Presuming they start from MSRP and the buyer can then take the tax credits worth $12,500, a new 30 kWh LEAF is around $10k.

I don't think you are going to like the trade-in offer.

Wow that's insane. No wonder these things are depreciating so fast. Anyway thanks for the info. And actually, surprisingly I've received trade in offers anywhere from $8500 to $10k. The $10k offer may have been inflated by the other end of the deal, but it's at least a good bargaining chip. On the other hand I got a trade in offer for $9k with a pretty decent deal on the new car.

Any way you put it though, the Leaf does not hold its value, and like someone else mentioned, I'd be best off selling it sooner rather than later. Or just keep it for the long haul, but that's not going to work for me unfortunately.

Thanks,
Nick

The Leaf is no longer for sale. For anyone who's curious, I got $10k trade-in for it (offered from two separate dealers). Thanks for all the advice/tips to everyone here.

Back