2015 LEAF SV with an Interesting History

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belmarian

Greetings, I am new to the forum but am just short of my first full year as a LEAF owner. I really love the car. It is fun to drive and it feels great to be all electric. This forum has provided so much helpful information and I’m very grateful to all the posters, especially those that have shared detailed technical information. Chargepoint, Plugshare and most importantly LeafSpyPro have been invaluable tools.

By way of background, after much research I purchased a lightly used 2015 LEAF in March of 2016. The vehicle has an interesting history having started life as a rental on Oahu, Hawaii (registered in Tulsa, OK) in October 2014, apparently as a rental or some kind of dealer demo. The GPS memory is loaded with all sorts of fun places. In November 2015 it was shipped to California and sold at auction to a dealership in Minnesota. I purchased it from them and had it transported here to Colorado. Between ship and car transporter this particular LEAF had traveled well over the 4084 miles on the odometer.

Like most who are new to EVs, I was impressed by the quiet drive, smooth acceleration and cabin features.
Although the miles were low the battery test revealed it had an unusually high 171 Quick charges. That said LeafSpyPro showed battery SOH at 94% and 274 GIDs. 24 months after original delivery it was at 91% SOH, 266 GIDs. The lack of temperature extremes have probably helped battery conditioning. My driving needs are modest and the LEAF has served well as a day to day car parked next to our Subaru Forester as the longer range option if needed.

Back