Can you choose your Nissan dealer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttoshi

A dealer was assigned to me to provide a quote, but I'm wondering if it's actually possible to choose your dealer for a quote. I noticed that I'm going through Nissan of San Leandro (I live in Oakland), while someone living a couple miles from San Leandro in Hayward ended up going to Petaluma for their quote. I'm wondering what's happening there?

I didn't get any dealer discount, so perhaps others can shop around and get a better deal?

Toshi

You can definitely choose your dealer and it's suggested to shop around for the best price before it's time to request-a-quote through the Nissan LEAF website.

Some have gone as far as to buy from an out-of-state dealer to get the best price.

ttoshi said:
A dealer was assigned to me to provide a quote, but I'm wondering if it's actually possible to choose your dealer for a quote. I noticed that I'm going through Nissan of San Leandro (I live in Oakland), while someone living a couple miles from San Leandro in Hayward ended up going to Petaluma for their quote. I'm wondering what's happening there?

I didn't get any dealer discount, so perhaps others can shop around and get a better deal?

Toshi

You should be able to click on the "Find A Dealer" link all the way on the bottom of your dashboard and select a preferred dealer.

drees said:
You can definitely choose your dealer and it's suggested to shop around for the best price before it's time to request-a-quote through the Nissan LEAF website.

Some have gone as far as to buy from an out-of-state dealer to get the best price.

Thanks, I was too worried about getting in my order in to get in the front of the line, but I received my order capability on 9/1, which lumped me in with all of the September orders. Nevertheless, I am scheduled to get a March delivery, so I am hopeful.

Best,
Toshi

ttoshi said:
Thanks, I was too worried about getting in my order in to get in the front of the line, but I received my order capability on 9/1, which lumped me in with all of the September orders. Nevertheless, I am scheduled to get a March delivery, so I am hopeful.

Best,
Toshi
Since you've already ordered, I think it's too late to change dealers.

At least you apparently didn't pay over MSRP (some dealers are charging more than MSRP), and you got a local dealer which will make servicing convenient. If you pay MSRP and get a dealer who treats you well, then you got a fair deal. :)

Back