new to forum and question re lug nut

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iris

Hi there...just joined and got "Ms Elfa" last night (get it?). Anyway, dealer changed one lug nut on each wheel which needs a special key to remove it. Key should be in the car,but in a safe place, in case tires need to be replaced.any one have any ideas? Will give her her maiden voyage shortly...I very excited
cheers
Iris

When I've had those kind of lug nuts, I've kept the key in the glove box. One advantage that the LEAF has is it uses a proximity fob (activates within 31 inches of the door). Thus, you'll notice that there are no buttons that can be pulled up to unlock the door. We can leave the windows down a couple inches to keep it cool and not worry about someone with a coat hanger unlocking the car and, in your case, getting into the glove box.

If someone really wants to they will smash a window to get what they want from the inside, so put anything out of sight in the back underneath the trunk cover.

When we checked with the insurance company and sent them copies of relevant pages they responded by giving us the highest rating of theft deterrence and lowered our premiums accordingly.

BTW, if you have young kids DO NOT leave this key in the car where they can find it. As my wife's grand-kids were growing up, we lost at 2 of these keys to the kids, and in both instances had to have the nut broken or cut off. And, of course, whenever you ask a kid where something has disappeared to, even when you know that nobody else could have possibly moved said item, the answer is always "I dunno." :?

Back