Test drive...Finally

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter

Found myself driving past my Nissan dealer today and decided to stop in to see if they had any pamphlets or information on the Leaf. Turns out they had just received there demo car yesterday. I was able to take first ever test drive and was able to really check this new form of transportation out. All I can say is WOW! They sold me almost from the first depression of the accelerator. The dealership I'm working with is Grand Strand Nissan on 501 in Myrtle Beach S.C. I am expecting delivery on my leaf some time in December. I was planning on a lease but after my test drive I am now considering a full purchase......... I don't know how many of you out there have not yet had the chance to drive this vehicle and all I can say is..... DO IT....... :mrgreen:

kg4bec said:
+1

Makes me want to have the car here even sooner than December.... I'm SO ready for it. :)

Cheers, Bert
Whole new world, isn't it? Electrics like the LEAF have some unique advantages over gas cars - smooth, silent, instantly responsive, etc. The LEAF will likey become your primary car, and the gas car gets fired up once a month or so for the occasional long trip, over 80 or 150 miles depending on what charging is available at your destination or Quick Charge along the way. Welcome to the new World!

Was pleasantly surprised when I got home yesterday from another Leaf test drive. I took the wife down to show her the car and get her opinion. She took to it like a fish out of water...........Anyway, my delivery date is Mid December according to the Nissan web site. I check their web site daily and noticed my carwings port was activated. I had the vin number and was allowed to set up a few things. I have read in this forum that when carwings is activated your car is fairly close to being delivered. Looks like one of those ships everybody is tracking got thru :lol: Looks like I'm cleaning out the garage this weekend.......... :roll: Still not sure about trading in the "ice" vehicle. I do like the option of being able to trailer stuff and make 1,000 mile trips without any extension cord :lol:

She took to it like a fish out of water...........

Hmmm...is that good or bad ? :roll:
(foreigner invading your forum not understanding..but a fish and no water is not a good combination over here either..)

daggad said:
She took to it like a fish out of water...........
Hmmm...is that good or bad ? :roll:
(foreigner invading your forum not understanding..but a fish and no water is not a good combination over here either..)
I think that's normally bad. Maybe the OP meant to say that she came to realize she's like a fish out of water when driving the old ICE! :lol:

Maybe he meant that she was a fish out of water...and discovered that the car was water for her?

I guess I'm just a "glass-half-full" kinda guy. *ba dum bump*

Hmmm, guess I really have to start reading what I write before I hit submit. Yes, I meant she enjoyed the ride and the car. Should have said, she took to it like a duck to water........I'll try to be more careful :lol:

Back