New Leaf in Dothan Alabama!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubabatdan

Just go mine 2 days ago and loving it!
Anyone else close to Dothan AL?
Thanks,
Dan

Pics:

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Oh man, you must be the first delivery in AL!! Congratulations!
I'm waiting patiently for mine in Birmingham, AL. Sigh. :)

Glad you're enjoying it. Looking forward to joining the LEAF crowd SOON!

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
I'm waiting patiently for mine in Birmingham, AL. Sigh. :)

Glad you're enjoying it. Looking forward to joining the LEAF crowd SOON!

Cheers, Bert

LOL, not sure about the first in AL but the first in SE corner! Day 3 of my driving and I love this thing :)
Used the timer this morning for climate control, and at 6:40 the car clicked on. Interesting to note that it turned on the steering wheel heat, driver's seat heat, and onboard heating fan. The third indicator on the dash was blinking so it was using some power from the charging system to heat the car. BTW it was 38 this morning and I had the car set for 70. So when I was ready to go at 7am the car was toasty!

Now the wierd part, after a full charge last night it only indicated 74 miles driving distance, and was the same when I started off this morning. I drove 12 miles to work and it fluctuated a little to 70 miles ect, but when I pulled in the parking lot it was say I could drive 72 miles. So I am guessing it is because of the temperature, once the batteries warmed up it indicated more. Hmmm not sure.

Well good luck Bert, I know you will love it when it gets here!
Dan

2012's can set the preheat temp?? nice. the 2011 is preset to like 76º or something which is waaay too hot. so i only run it manually if needed for about 5-7 minutes which is normally enough. it does sit in a garage where temps run in the high 40's i am guessing.

my previous house, the garage stayed MUCH warmer but that was 2 story with master bedroom above it. this new house, although much larger, is all single story. definitely makes a difference in the temps@!

DaveinOlyWA said:
2012's can set the preheat temp?? nice. the 2011 is preset to like 76º or something which is waaay too hot. so i only run it manually if needed for about 5-7 minutes which is normally enough. it does sit in a garage where temps run in the high 40's i am guessing.

my previous house, the garage stayed MUCH warmer but that was 2 story with master bedroom above it. this new house, although much larger, is all single story. definitely makes a difference in the temps@!

Hmmm, I do not know if the 2012's can set the pre-heat temp, 70 degrees was the last setting when I powered down. So I was assuming it would use the last setting, of course you what they say about assuming :)
But currently I do not have room in the garage to park her :( she is out in the cold in front of the garage. Might have to make some changes to start parking he inside. When I picked it up from the dealer the temp was in the 70's and it showed 99 miles til empty. At 38 degrees full charge it showed 74 miles until empty, so I can only attribute this change to the temp.
Time to clear out the garage :)
Dan

scubabatdan said:
At 38 degrees full charge it showed 74 miles until empty, so I can only attribute this change to the temp.
Dan
You can also attribute it to the fact that the miles indicator fluctuates according to how it's been driven for the last few miles. So much so that we call it the guess-o-meter, and mostly ignore it around here.

scubabatdan said:
kg4bec said:
LOL, not sure about the first in AL but the first in SE corner! Day 3 of my driving and I love this thing :)

Cool! If not the first in AL, almost certainly the first in AL reported here on mynissanleaf.com -- and that's all that matters, right? :)

My delivery date slipped to "week of Dec 10". I'm hoping it gets here sooner rather than later, then I can join in on the LEAF fun!

Cheers, Bert

davewill said:
scubabatdan said:
At 38 degrees full charge it showed 74 miles until empty, so I can only attribute this change to the temp.
Dan
You can also attribute it to the fact that the miles indicator fluctuates according to how it's been driven for the last few miles. So much so that we call it the guess-o-meter, and mostly ignore it around here.

Yeah looks like I am going to be building a SOC, guess-o-meter is the right term when I left work it was at 72 miles, when I got home it was at 68 miles remaining. So a SOC would be nice to judge the actual % or gids remaining. Since I see the SOC works the same on the 2012's as on the 2011's.
Thanks,
Dan

Back