Vin number

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I am happy to be on this board but when I registered, the only choice was 4 digit VIN. In reality there should be a 1 added to my VIN since the orphan I just purchased was in the sixteen thousands. I do not see a way to change it.

We've already outgrown the VIN !!! Maybe use a letter for the first two digits:

10,000 = A000
11,432 = B432
22,768 = L768
36,999 = Z999

Your number, 16,423 would be F423

Not sure what Tony is talking about but if you go to this page, you can change the VIN that's displayed

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=profile_info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

turbo2ltr said:
Not sure what Tony is talking about but if you go to this page, you can change the VIN that's displayed

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=profile_info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He said he could only use 4 digits.... that was my solution.

gbarry42 said:
Well, you can enter what you like in that field, but if it's not 4 digits, it doesn't get saved.

I don't know...I just entered 5 digits anyway and it seems to be displayed just fine (see my info on the left side of this message).

Now, the PROMPT should probably be changed to 5 digits.

just wondering if VINs reset on the model year or model design? maybe the "3 digit" option may come back!

i had VIN 13,359 on my 2004 Prius and VIN 192,101 on my 2006 Prius but did have VIN 354 on my 2010 Prius (build date apr 2009)

The field, in spite of the wording of the prompt,
will take all 6 digits of the VIN's serial number.

The 2011 model has BT and the 2012 model should have CT
preceeding the VIN serial number.

What I meant earlier was that it only took diigits, so Tony's plan wouldn't have worked. I had tried to enter an imprecise VIN, as in 22xx.

Back