New LEAF owner in Jupiter, FL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JupiterLEAF

Hello fellow LEAF owners! :D I've been enjoying your posts for some time as an unregistered observer. I finally joined today since I recently became an LEAF leasee, too.

So far, so good. My daily commute of approx. 26 miles each way, with about 50% at 70-72 mph on I-95 and another 30% at 45-55 mph on local roads, sure consumes the available range, even with no AC use this time of year. However, I'm slowly losing my "range anxiety," and getting used to having to "fill up" every night instead of just once a week.

I've already noticed some changes in my driving habits, like less mid-day driving for some place to eat lunch and giving serious consideration to how many miles a pre-work or post-work stop will require. I guess that will cease to be so significant as time goes on.

Best day yet: "making 4 trees" on December 26th, as we slowly drove around looking at neighborhood light displays!

I'm really looking forward to sharing this "Experiment" with all of you in the months and years ahead. We are the future! :D

Well Happy New Year to you!

It is an eye opener how much energy driving over 70 consumes, isn't it? When I think of the amount of gasoline used it shocks me. At least you are away from that, and the learning curve doesn't take long so soon you will insist on driving for the lunch run, and you may only charge to 80%.

Great to read your enthusiasm. Most of us felt very much the same about our new LEAFs.

Enjoy learning about your new EV and please post here often about your experiences as a new FLA LEAFer.

JupiterLEAF said:
I'm really looking forward to sharing this "Experiment" with all of you in the months and years ahead. We are the future! :D
Welcome, Jupiter! Please join us on the Florida topic. We're planning our first South Florida meet-up on 1/14 in Delray. You're more than welcome to join us.

P.S.: LEAF commercial came on TV while I was typing this reply. ;-)

Glad to finally see another Leaf in my area. I live in Hobe Sound, but come to Jupiter about every other day. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for a red Leaf. Mine is Glacier Pearl White.

Consider starting some "LEAF-Gatherings" in your area for good folks interested in EVs.

Somebody should become the "Branch Manager" and be the creator of a new topic, something like "Gathering #1 in MyTown - 7 Jan 2012".

Only the topic creator (author of the 1st post) can edit the title (and the first post) to keep the title up to date.

Select a time, and a place with sufficient parking and plenty of flexible seating, perhaps a buffet restaurant of some type.

Saturday mornings are a good choice.

See who shows up.
At worst you have a nice breakfast.

Offer rides to interested folks, answer all questions, and more people will show as the EV interest grows.

We are in our 17th month of Gatherings, and we typically have 2 a month (at different locations to draw from a larger area).

Ooh! :shock: I live in Jupiter too, and am planning to buy either a Leaf or the Mitsubishi i. I'd like to take both for a test drive before deciding, to see if the extra cost of the Leaf is worth it.

The other thing that I'll be listening for is the reported high-pitched whine in the Leaf around 40-45 mph. Since I'll be mostly an around-town driver, that's the most common speed, and if the sound is audible and annoying, it'll be a real negative for me.

Have you heard that sound?

congrats on the car, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled! I drive a blue 2011 Prius -- if only my old Saturn had lasted another year I could've gone straight from it to the Leaf!

(Edit: I ordered my 2013 S trim white Leaf in Feb 2013, expecting delivery in March/April. I'd like to meet other owners for breakfast sometime, sounds like fun!)

Back