New 2012 Leaf Owner in Space Coast, Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nameless1

How's this for a stroke of luck... Went in to test drive a Leaf on Thursday. Sadly, other than the dealer test drive model, they had only 1 actually available which was being sold to a lady who waited for months for delivery. On Friday, they gave up (she had failed to finance) a few hours later - voila it was mine! no waiting, and I'm LOVING IT!

MeAndMyLeafTiny.jpg

Nameless!:

How far are you from Delray Beach? :?: South Florida Leaf owners are having a meeting there this Saturday morning in connection with the Gold Coast Electric Automobile Association. there are charging stations in the neighborhood. Check out the information on the Florida Leaf owners topic under Local/Regional topic. Hope to see you there.

I think he will have a better chance of meeting up with some Orlando folks. Space Coast usually means Titusville/Cocoa/Canaveral, right? That's pretty far north.
Great way to avoid the 3 month wait though! You're lucky the dealer didn't try to throw on an extra grand or more, as some are doing with orphans. :(
What is your commute like?

I have a house in North Brevard (Titusville), 20 miles from Orlando, and a Beach house in South Brevard (Indialantic) but sadly even from there it's still 134 miles to DelRay Beach, sorry :-(. Though I am putting charge stations in both my home/garages so I get full coverage of all areas in Brevard and East Orange County without the need for public stations. I must admit, I probably paid a bit more than most of you who waited (it is a 2012 w/only 25 miles and the dealer set a 38k-7.5k=30.5k price and refused to negotiate because of it's rarity). But I think it was worth it - I love the car more with each drive! Commute to office is only 5 minutes away from Beach House and the drive between homes is 39 miles which I verified I can do with only 1/2 a charge.

Back