Just Ordered Silver 2012 Nissan Leaf SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hauss316

I just requested a quote from my dealership and awaiting for a reply. In order to take full advantage of the tax credit, I will be leasing this vehicle. Anyone have any idea on what happens once I received my quote? Would I be able to see a lower than advertised lease monthly payment?

If you specified a lease in your request, you will get a lease payment as your quote. However, I would recommend asking for an actual price quote from the dealer. There are too many ways for dealers to mess with lease payments.

Contrary to popular belief, leasing will not give you $7500 credit. It is more like $5K or less due to interest, leasing fees, etc. I paid mine off after leasing for about a month. YMMV.

hauss316 said:
I just requested a quote from my dealership and awaiting for a reply. In order to take full advantage of the tax credit, I will be leasing this vehicle. Anyone have any idea on what happens once I received my quote? Would I be able to see a lower than advertised lease monthly payment?
It is a bit late for you unless you decline your quote, but a better strategy is to call/e-mail a number of dealers to see what sort of deal they will come up with. Then you can select the dealer that seems to have the best offer and a good reputation for fairness and choose that one for the Request a Quote process.

dgpcolorado said:
hauss316 said:
It is a bit late for you unless you decline your quote, but a better strategy is to call/e-mail a number of dealers to see what sort of deal they will come up with. Then you can select the dealer that seems to have the best offer and a good reputation for fairness and choose that one for the Request a Quote process.

This is a good suggestion. If you decide you want to go with another dealership: create a new account with a different email, request a quote with the new account, and you'll be on your way to driving with electricity :D

Who would of thought it would be hard to spend $38k?! I've been trying to get quotes from dealerships but they try to sell me their demo 2011. Wouldn't be a bad deal except for the fact that it's not for sale per the dealership. So after we go through the song and dance they then tell me they don't know how to do the quote so I can get the 2012...... On to the next dealership where we come to the same outcome. This is crazy!

Back