New Member in Michigan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makelikeatree

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and wanted to say hi.

Also, I am not really happy with the miles per charge that I am currently getting with my leaf and was wondering what are some things I might do to increase it. My current range is an average of about 49 miles per charge.

What speed? settings? mix of city/highway? or other variables should I be mindful of to gain the absolute best miles per charge?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Michigan originally, but we have lived our last 25 years or so in the Phoenix area! Congratulations on your Leaf - we've had ours for 6 months now, and are really enjoying it!

Perhaps you could give more information about your typical drive and when you are getting this range. What is your typical highway/county road mix? There are several key factors to the range, including:

Charge Status: Are you charging to 80% or 100% capacity with this range?
Highway miles: The Leaf will use a lot of power traveling at 65-70 mph highway speeds than if those same miles were traveled on the many Michigan county roads.
Heater: The heater (and the A/C, but not as much!) significantly impact range
Outside Temp: What is the outside temp? In addition to heater usage, a lower outside temperature will lower the battery capacity (while at that temperature) lowering range.

Also, what are you using to determine that you are "out of charge"? The big numbers on the dash that we like to call the "Guessometer", often abbreviated here as GOM? The number of bars showing on the right side of the dash? (And how far do you run those down?) The audio message telling you your battery is low? (And have you ever gotten the one saying it is very low?)

Ray

Back