Research - Masters Dissertation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickmansell

Hi All,

I'm new to this site but have been studying electric cars for some time now as part of my final dissertation for my MBA.

As electric cars and the Leaf in particular are so new you all are the best source for my data. In fact I went to see a Leaf today in my local Nissan dealership and was very impressed :) . With that in mind I'd be grateful if you could spend 5 minutes to complete my questionnaire shown in the link below:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=prijozm2yyi4rtb87127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your responses are greatly appreciated as they will add quality and credibility to my research.

Thanks

Hi again,

In addition, to the questionnaire it would be great to hear the main reasons why you chose to buy your Leaf and how happy you are with your purchase? Also, if you are on this site thinking of buying a Leaf what is holding you back and what is needed for you to go to the next stage and buy a Leaf?

Again, many thanks.

Rick (New Leaf Fan!)

Done!

As a suggestion, recognize that most of us here on this forum already drive an EV and your survey addresses future car purchases. You might be able to learn more from us than from the average person, such as what we have learned about EVs or what has changed in our beliefs and perceptions after having driven an EV for some time.

Cheers and good luck on your MBA.

Hi Boomer23

Thanks for completing the questionnaire. As my research has evolved I have started to realise my questioning could have been tweeked slightly dependant on my target audience. Its always good to learn though and this is something I can talk about in my dissertation.

I have also posted a question about the views of EV drivers hoping to get some first hand qualitative research from the people that know all about EVs - you all!

Thanks again.

rickmansell said:
Hi All,

I'm new to this site but have been studying electric cars for some time now as part of my final dissertation for my MBA.

As electric cars and the Leaf in particular are so new you all are the best source for my data. In fact I went to see a Leaf today in my local Nissan dealership and was very impressed :) . With that in mind I'd be grateful if you could spend 5 minutes to complete my questionnaire shown in the link below:

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=prijozm2yyi4rtb87127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your responses are greatly appreciated as they will add quality and credibility to my research.

Thanks

tell us more about yourself, please.

(update: done.)
your school, your studies, who is your faculty advisor.

thankyouOB said:
rickmansell said:
Hi All,

Thanks

tell us more about yourself, please.
your school, your studies, who is your faculty advisor.

The air speed of an African Swallow. :lol: Sorry. :oops:

No problem at all.

My profession is in accountancy and I am almost 2 years into my MBA, with about 2 months to go. I am based in the south of England. I am studying part time at Oxford Brooke's university and my tutor for this piece of work is Darrell Kofkin.

My study is to understand the reasons behind the slow uptake of electric cars. I am a car enthusiast and in particular believe that electric cars are firstly incredible and that they have a significant future to play in the motor industry throughout the world. I am therefore interested in your views being the owners of the Leaf.

1. My aim is to increase participation of my study through the questionnaire.

2. My aim is find out from Leaf owners or prospective Leaf owners why they have purchased, what they think about their car and what is holding the future Leaf owners back from taking the next step?

Thanks

done and good luck, one big advantage here in the US is the ability to charge overnight from home at a low cost (my state, Illinois, subsidized 50% of the cost of the home 'charger' and labour to put it in) so it only cost me 625 USD (400 GBP) as well as my electricity cost is .066 USD (.0422 GBP) per kWh to 'refill'; lately I've been averaging 5.5 miles/kWh so the cost per mile is .012 USD --- extremely cheap to run. My only long term concern would be battery replacement costs as well as lately the early diminished battery capacity (so far limited to extremely hot climates) as I'd like to keep the car (as long as the body isn't ravaged by road salt here in the rust belt midwest) well beyond the existing battery warranty (8 years) by simply refreshing the battery with hopefully a bit longer range one when needed. I would think that the UK with its much smaller land mass would be something that could more easily be converted to QC stations to increase the practical range versus the US but of course the motoring public may object if it far exceeds the cost to refill from their homes ... we have the same problem here as some QC stations charge much, much more than charging at ones home to help recoup the high cost to put these recharge stations in.

Did survey. good luck. AS far as your request for additional comments:

Yes I bought a Leaf and am extremely happy with it because:

I love the quite ride, and good acceleration at low speeds.

Driving past gas stations makes me so happy that I'm not giving my money to countries that want to do us harm and companies that want to push their environmental costs onto the taxpayers.

Thanks everyone, your help is greatly appreciated.

Are there any prespective Leaf owners out there?

Are there any specific reasons why you have not taken the next step and test driven a Leaf and are now ready to purchase one? Just interested to hear your views.

Thanks again.

Back