California $2500 rebate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyas

Thinking of getting the 2012 Leaf. Having hard time figuring out if the $2500 CA rebate is still being offered.
Anyone bought in CA recently and received the rebate?

Great forum--and looking forward to getting into my Leaf.

Yes, it's pretty easy to get these days. When I got my LEAF a year ago the wait time to get it was months and months but now they are much faster. I applied for my Volt and got it within 2 weeks. There's a lot of money left on it now. You can see Here

It took less than a month for me to get my full Leaf California rebate. Here are the instructions I typed out for the dealership (who didn't know too much about how to do it.)
To apply for the California Rebate: Apply at the website
http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You will need:
• Proof of temporary or permanent vehicle registration. A copy of the Application for New Vehicle Registration submitted by the dealer to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is acceptable proof of temporary vehicle registration if submitted within one year of sale.
• A copy of the sales or lease contract signed by all parties with an itemization of credits, discounts and incentives received, if applicable.
• For individuals, a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months or other valid form of California residency.  Other forms of valid proof include a signed, dated, and notarized rental agreement or a copy of current DMV registration for a different vehicle.  A California driver license is not an acceptable proof of residency.
• For Businesses: For a business or nonprofit, a copy of the formation document filed with the California Secretary of State or other documentation as approved by the California Center for Sustainable Energy. Sole proprietors may submit a copy of a utility or cable bill from within the last 3 months, a current vehicle DMV registration or a notarized rental agreement.

I have had my Leaf for 1 month now and I got my state rebate 2 days ago. What surprised me was I got my plates about 1 1/2 weeks after I got my car.

The CVR program seems to have plenty of funding left. Note that you must own or lease a Leaf for a minimum of 36 months. Shorter leases, such as the 24-month promo lease offered recently, will be denied and won't receive the rebate.

Back